Yum ‘groupinstall’ – A Quick Introduction
Yum “groupinstall’ is a powerful command that saves your precious time by installing group of packages easily without having to install packages one by one. For example, if you want to install ‘development libraries’ on RHEL/CentOS based systems, you will achieve this task as shown below:
# yum install gcc
# yum install glibc
# yum install make
This seems very time confusing process. Wouldn’t be nice if you did all the above tasks with one command? Here comes ‘yum groupinstall’ command. It will install a group of packages with a single command for a specific task.
How do i find available grouplist?
Enter the following command to find out the list of available groups in your system.
# yum grouplist
The above command will list all the yum groups.
As you see in the above output, there are many yum groups available.
Yum supports the group commands:
# yum grouplist
# yum groupinfo
# yum groupinstall
# yum groupremove
# yum groupupdate
Install Development libraries
if you want to install all development libraries with single command, then do:
# yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
The above command will download and install all required development libraries to your system.
Install E-mail Server
Suppose if you want to install email server in your system, the do it with single command:
# yum groupinstall "E-mail server"
The above command will install all the required packages to setup mail server in your system.
Thats it. Enjoy!
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .