Wine 1.3.9 is released
Wine 1.3.9 is released, This is a bi-weekly snapshot in the 1.3 unstable series.
What’s new in this release (see below for details):
- New sound driver architecture for MMDevAPI.
- Better support for relative mouse events in DInput.
- Debugger support for the ARM platform.
- Various improvements in D3DX9.
- More MSVC runtime functions.
- Various bug fixes.
Open terminal and type the following commands :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.3
- For other linux distributions: Binary packages for various distributions (Debian, PCBSD, Slackware, Opensuse, FreeBSD, and more) are available in this Link : http://www.winehq.org/download
For configuration of wine check our previous post : Install and configure wine to Play latest windows games in Linux.