Wine 1.5.9 has been released!
Wine is a free and open source application that allows users to run Windows software on other operating systems. Wine is always under heavy development with the team preparing one release every 2 weeks. Today, the founder and current leader of the project Alexandre Julliard, announced the availability of version 1.5.9 that brings some important additions and fixes.
What’s new in this release:
- - Support for GPOS font tables in Uniscribe.
- - Support for XRandr 1.2 and 1.3.
- - Parser improvements for the HLSL compiler.
- - More key exchange algorithms supported on Mac OS.
- - Relay tracing on ARM.
- - Various bug fixes.
Most important specific applications problems addressed:
- Dogfighter (Steam) hangs when changing the video settings
- Dragon Age: Origins DVD authenticity checks fail
- Winamp [5.623]: Application crashes at startup, needs msvcr90.dll.bsearch_s
- Photoscape needs msvcp90.dll
- Dota 2 won’t render with d3d9ex
- Mathematica 8.0.1 crashes on startup
- StarTopia: crashes while loading
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition: SQL Server System Configuration Checker fails
- EverQuest II: Launchpad hangs while loading
- Rise of Nations : Will not Start
- Amnesia – The Dark Descent: launcher.exe crashes on start
- MathCad 15 can’t acquire trial license
- ChessBase 2009 Light help viewer crashes
Ubuntu and Linux Mint users do the following:
Open the Software Sources menu by launching the “Ubuntu Software Center” and selecting Edit->Software Sources. Choose the “Other Software” tab and click “Add”. Then copy and paste this ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa as shown in the following picture:
Once you add the repository you can update to the latest wine from your “Update Manager”.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .