Wine 1.5.9 has been released!
Wine is a free and open source application that allows users to run Windows software on other operating systems. Wine is always under heavy development with the team preparing one release every 2 weeks. Today, the founder and current leader of the project Alexandre Julliard, announced the availability of version 1.5.9 that brings some important additions and fixes.
What’s new in this release:
- - Support for GPOS font tables in Uniscribe.
- - Support for XRandr 1.2 and 1.3.
- - Parser improvements for the HLSL compiler.
- - More key exchange algorithms supported on Mac OS.
- - Relay tracing on ARM.
- - Various bug fixes.
Most important specific applications problems addressed:
- Dogfighter (Steam) hangs when changing the video settings
- Dragon Age: Origins DVD authenticity checks fail
- Winamp [5.623]: Application crashes at startup, needs msvcr90.dll.bsearch_s
- Photoscape needs msvcp90.dll
- Dota 2 won’t render with d3d9ex
- Mathematica 8.0.1 crashes on startup
- StarTopia: crashes while loading
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition: SQL Server System Configuration Checker fails
- EverQuest II: Launchpad hangs while loading
- Rise of Nations : Will not Start
- Amnesia – The Dark Descent: launcher.exe crashes on start
- MathCad 15 can’t acquire trial license
- ChessBase 2009 Light help viewer crashes
Ubuntu and Linux Mint users do the following:
Open the Software Sources menu by launching the “Ubuntu Software Center” and selecting Edit->Software Sources. Choose the “Other Software” tab and click “Add”. Then copy and paste this ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa as shown in the following picture:
Once you add the repository you can update to the latest wine from your “Update Manager”.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...1 comment |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .