Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Wine 1.5.9 has been released!
Wine is a free and open source application that allows users to run Windows software on other operating systems. Wine is always under heavy development with the team preparing one release every 2 weeks. Today, the founder and current leader of the project Alexandre Julliard, announced the availability of version 1.5.9 that brings some important additions and fixes.
What’s new in this release:
- - Support for GPOS font tables in Uniscribe.
- - Support for XRandr 1.2 and 1.3.
- - Parser improvements for the HLSL compiler.
- - More key exchange algorithms supported on Mac OS.
- - Relay tracing on ARM.
- - Various bug fixes.
Most important specific applications problems addressed:
- Dogfighter (Steam) hangs when changing the video settings
- Dragon Age: Origins DVD authenticity checks fail
- Winamp [5.623]: Application crashes at startup, needs msvcr90.dll.bsearch_s
- Photoscape needs msvcp90.dll
- Dota 2 won’t render with d3d9ex
- Mathematica 8.0.1 crashes on startup
- StarTopia: crashes while loading
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition: SQL Server System Configuration Checker fails
- EverQuest II: Launchpad hangs while loading
- Rise of Nations : Will not Start
- Amnesia – The Dark Descent: launcher.exe crashes on start
- MathCad 15 can’t acquire trial license
- ChessBase 2009 Light help viewer crashes
Ubuntu and Linux Mint users do the following:
Open the Software Sources menu by launching the “Ubuntu Software Center” and selecting Edit->Software Sources. Choose the “Other Software” tab and click “Add”. Then copy and paste this ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa as shown in the following picture:
Once you add the repository you can update to the latest wine from your “Update Manager”.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...5 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .