Wine 1.5.5 released!
Wine is a free and open source application that allows users to run Windows software on other operating systems. Wine is always under heavy development with the team preparing one release every 2 weeks. Yesterday, the founder and current leader of the project Alexandre Julliard, announced the availability of version 1.5.5 that brings some important additions and fixes.
What’s new in this release:
- -Support for installing Mono as a Wine add-on package.
- -Dithering of pattern brushes in the DIB engine.
- -Support for installing the .NET 4.0 runtime.
- -DDS files supported in D3DX9.
- -Various bug fixes.
Most important specific applications problems addressed:
- -When running Half-Life in software mode, the screen is not updated
- -Wine hangs when attempting to add video file in DVD lab Pro 1.53
- -Powerpoint Viewer 2007 crashes opening Keynote.pptx
- -.NET Reflector 6.x user interface is distorted
- -Adobe Premiere CS2 doesn’t run
- -Outlook 2007 doesn’t run after install
- -Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 fails to start
- -Half-Life 2 Episode 2 & Portal: hl2.exe continues to running after exit of game
- -Halo Editing Kit will not load
- -Adobe Dreamweaver 8: “Next” link in Help doesn’t work
- -Picasa 3.6 unable to scan
- -3dmark06 free version reports “D3DXGetImageInfoFromFileInMemory failed” when you try to run the dem
- -Portal and Uru graphics glitches (fglrx only)
- -Final Fantasy 8: Eidos Intro movie and sound choppy
- -Silent Hill 2 menu invisible
- -Money 2002 fails to run
- -Add support for .NET 4.0 assembly cache (.NET 4.0 Framework installer)
- -Star Wars: Republic Commando hangs when skipping the intro video
- and many, many others…
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .