Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Wine 1.5.5 released!
Wine is a free and open source application that allows users to run Windows software on other operating systems. Wine is always under heavy development with the team preparing one release every 2 weeks. Yesterday, the founder and current leader of the project Alexandre Julliard, announced the availability of version 1.5.5 that brings some important additions and fixes.
What’s new in this release:
- -Support for installing Mono as a Wine add-on package.
- -Dithering of pattern brushes in the DIB engine.
- -Support for installing the .NET 4.0 runtime.
- -DDS files supported in D3DX9.
- -Various bug fixes.
Most important specific applications problems addressed:
- -When running Half-Life in software mode, the screen is not updated
- -Wine hangs when attempting to add video file in DVD lab Pro 1.53
- -Powerpoint Viewer 2007 crashes opening Keynote.pptx
- -.NET Reflector 6.x user interface is distorted
- -Adobe Premiere CS2 doesn’t run
- -Outlook 2007 doesn’t run after install
- -Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 fails to start
- -Half-Life 2 Episode 2 & Portal: hl2.exe continues to running after exit of game
- -Halo Editing Kit will not load
- -Adobe Dreamweaver 8: “Next” link in Help doesn’t work
- -Picasa 3.6 unable to scan
- -3dmark06 free version reports “D3DXGetImageInfoFromFileInMemory failed” when you try to run the dem
- -Portal and Uru graphics glitches (fglrx only)
- -Final Fantasy 8: Eidos Intro movie and sound choppy
- -Silent Hill 2 menu invisible
- -Money 2002 fails to run
- -Add support for .NET 4.0 assembly cache (.NET 4.0 Framework installer)
- -Star Wars: Republic Commando hangs when skipping the intro video
- and many, many others…
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux : A gateway is a node or a router that acts as an access point to passes network data from local netwo...0 comment(s) |
- ClusterSSH: Manage multiple SSH sessions on Linux
- Setup the Raspberry Pi as a NAS
- How to Monitor Filesystem Events with incron
- Useful Commands for Linux Users – Episode 6
- Deadly Linux Commands
- Determine Your Specifications from Command-Line
- Automatically Change the Desktop Wallpaper Using Variety on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup Server Using rsnapshot
- How to Disable/Change Default PDF Viewer in Mozilla Firefox
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .