Wine 1.5.11 released!
What’s new on this release:
- Multi-channel support in the ALSA driver.
- Removal of the big X11 lock.
- Support for pair positioning adjustments in Uniscribe.
- More I/O stream implementations in the C++ runtime.
- Various bug fixes.
Most important specific applications problems addressed:
- Graphical corruptions in Sim City 4
- Starlancer crashes with force feedback enabled
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R: sky not redrawn correctly with dynamic lighting
- Steam version of Need for speed undercover crashes if you click on it.
- Fallout 3: childbirth scene halts after every (second) line of dialogue, preventing new game
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands won’t start without native d3dx9_36
- Error: starcraft ii.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic crashes after first location
- Team Fortress 2 – Pyromania update locks up screen
- DotA 2: overbright/broken lighting effects
- Outlook 2010 crashes on calender alerts
- msvcp100 missing _J versions of several functions
- Game Controllers Panel looks weird when dpi is higher than 96 ppp.
- GeForce GT 630M (with Bumblebee) is not properly recognized
Ubuntu and Linux Mint users do the following:
Open the Software Sources menu by launching the “Ubuntu Software Center” and selecting Edit->Software Sources. Choose the “Other Software” tab and click “Add”. Then copy and paste thisppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa as shown in the following picture:
Once you add the repository you can update to the latest wine from your “Update Manager”.