Wine 1.5.11 released!
Wine is a free and open source application that allows users to run Windows software on other operating systems. Wine is always under heavy development with the team preparing one release every 2 weeks. Yesterday, the founder and current leader of the project Alexandre Julliard, announced the availability of version 1.5.11 that brings some important additions and fixes.
What’s new on this release:
- Multi-channel support in the ALSA driver.
- Removal of the big X11 lock.
- Support for pair positioning adjustments in Uniscribe.
- More I/O stream implementations in the C++ runtime.
- Various bug fixes.
Most important specific applications problems addressed:
- Graphical corruptions in Sim City 4
- Starlancer crashes with force feedback enabled
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R: sky not redrawn correctly with dynamic lighting
- Steam version of Need for speed undercover crashes if you click on it.
- Fallout 3: childbirth scene halts after every (second) line of dialogue, preventing new game
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands won’t start without native d3dx9_36
- Error: starcraft ii.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic crashes after first location
- Team Fortress 2 – Pyromania update locks up screen
- DotA 2: overbright/broken lighting effects
- Outlook 2010 crashes on calender alerts
- msvcp100 missing _J versions of several functions
- Game Controllers Panel looks weird when dpi is higher than 96 ppp.
- GeForce GT 630M (with Bumblebee) is not properly recognized
Ubuntu and Linux Mint users do the following:
Open the Software Sources menu by launching the “Ubuntu Software Center” and selecting Edit->Software Sources. Choose the “Other Software” tab and click “Add”. Then copy and paste thisppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa as shown in the following picture:
Once you add the repository you can update to the latest wine from your “Update Manager”.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .