What You Can Do with Rooted Android
I’m sure you, as an average Android user, know what rooting is. But just to revive your memory- rooting means getting extra permissions and rights to use the phone software. With extra privileges, you can load your own custom software in the phone and increase its performance. You can even install some software for free that would otherwise cost you money. So basically, rooting means hacking.
What you can do?
Ever heard of people who load custom ROMs? ROM is actually software that helps in running your phone/tablet. It is a code segment stored in phone’s Read Only Memory. There are many ROMs on the internet that you can load in your phone, and change the entire look and feel. Let’s say you have an old Android device that has an old version. You can root it and install the latest Android version on it. Now your old device will be at par with the new and cool phones. There are many places from where you can find great ROMs.
When your phone is rooted, you can control all aspects of your phone. You can control each icon individually. Or you can create your own themes and install. Such themes will change the entire feeling of the phone.
Increase battery and speed
You can get various custom apps and ROMs for the device. They will change the performance of your phone. The right ROM will not just change the look of phone, but will give much better battery performance and higher speed. Many developers tweak the system kernel. This increases the phone performance even more.
Get latest versions
Still running Froyo? Get the latest versions of Android. It isn’t possible unless you root your phone. If you are tech savvy and want to get the best and the latest, then rooting will help you stay on top. Also, you can get the latest patches and updates launched by Android community. You don’t have to wait for the manufacturer to send these updates on your device.
Improve call quality
When you root your device, you can update the Baseband. Baseband is something that controls phone radio. By updating Baseband, you can enhance quality and signal for your phone calls.
When you use the stock build, you will miss out the sweet backing up abilities of Android. With the help of rooting, you can backup all data and apps really easily. There are several backup apps available that run on rooted phones. You can use them and keep your precious data safe.
Well Android rooting sure sounds fun. But wait, here are the potential risks:
If the rooting goes wrong somewhere, your software will be so badly corrupted that your phone will become useless. Then it will be as useful as a brick.
You will also pose a big risk to the security of your phone. With rooting, there is a higher risk of malicious apps attacking your phone.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .