Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
What You Can Do with Rooted Android
I’m sure you, as an average Android user, know what rooting is. But just to revive your memory- rooting means getting extra permissions and rights to use the phone software. With extra privileges, you can load your own custom software in the phone and increase its performance. You can even install some software for free that would otherwise cost you money. So basically, rooting means hacking.
What you can do?
Ever heard of people who load custom ROMs? ROM is actually software that helps in running your phone/tablet. It is a code segment stored in phone’s Read Only Memory. There are many ROMs on the internet that you can load in your phone, and change the entire look and feel. Let’s say you have an old Android device that has an old version. You can root it and install the latest Android version on it. Now your old device will be at par with the new and cool phones. There are many places from where you can find great ROMs.
When your phone is rooted, you can control all aspects of your phone. You can control each icon individually. Or you can create your own themes and install. Such themes will change the entire feeling of the phone.
Increase battery and speed
You can get various custom apps and ROMs for the device. They will change the performance of your phone. The right ROM will not just change the look of phone, but will give much better battery performance and higher speed. Many developers tweak the system kernel. This increases the phone performance even more.
Get latest versions
Still running Froyo? Get the latest versions of Android. It isn’t possible unless you root your phone. If you are tech savvy and want to get the best and the latest, then rooting will help you stay on top. Also, you can get the latest patches and updates launched by Android community. You don’t have to wait for the manufacturer to send these updates on your device.
Improve call quality
When you root your device, you can update the Baseband. Baseband is something that controls phone radio. By updating Baseband, you can enhance quality and signal for your phone calls.
When you use the stock build, you will miss out the sweet backing up abilities of Android. With the help of rooting, you can backup all data and apps really easily. There are several backup apps available that run on rooted phones. You can use them and keep your precious data safe.
Well Android rooting sure sounds fun. But wait, here are the potential risks:
If the rooting goes wrong somewhere, your software will be so badly corrupted that your phone will become useless. Then it will be as useful as a brick.
You will also pose a big risk to the security of your phone. With rooting, there is a higher risk of malicious apps attacking your phone.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux : A gateway is a node or a router that acts as an access point to passes network data from local netwo...0 comment(s) |
- Setup the Raspberry Pi as a NAS
- How to Monitor Filesystem Events with incron
- Useful Commands for Linux Users – Episode 6
- Deadly Linux Commands
- Determine Your Specifications from Command-Line
- Automatically Change the Desktop Wallpaper Using Variety on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup Server Using rsnapshot
- How to Disable/Change Default PDF Viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .