What is new on the Red Hat 5.7 Beta?
Following the release of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL 6.1, the beta version of the RHEL 5.7 is now available. Although, not a major release, this is a vital update as most of RHEL user-base is yet on the RHEL 5. With the RHEL 6 proving to be a worthy release, 5.7 Beta offers greater features as part of the RHEL 5 life cycle.
The RHEL 5 debuted in 2007 March and has in the past four years has seen 6 incremental updates so far and this is the seventh update as part of the RHEL 5 life-cycle. A lifecycle is defined as approximately ten years for any major release of RHEL from release date and takes seven years of full life and three years of extended life for a RHEL product. So, RHEL 5.7 contains Errata Advisories or updates and security bug fixes and feature enhancements.
The new RHEL 5.7 features
Red Hat Enterprises 5.7 introduces new enterprise features like the OpenSCAP security reporting, development tools for cross-platforms and a new subscription manager. Also new on the 5.7 are the revised drivers and improved speeds.
This beta includes improved resources for management in enterprises. Better virtualization features and noticeable changes to the data center flexibility. You will find driver updates and enhanced updates for kernel support for most leading hardware. Intel, AMD, IBM Mainframe and POWER are all updated.
Following are some cool features that are going to set the techie’s cracking their knuckles in glee
OpenSCAP validates security configurations and vulnerabilities over infrastructure by improving security operations; SSSD RHEL5 authentication is integrated into directory services for the enterprises; LDAP are expanded auto-mounted file systems and powerful management application the Subscription Manager.
Live Migration faster with improved convergence speeds due to KVM enhancements. attached disks, serial interfaces combined with faster and smaller Boot Images, due to Xen hypervisor development environment.
Greater Datacenter flexibility, Add-on Availability
VMware platform High Availability on a native SOAP API fencing agent is some of the additional flexible features. Latest hardware innovations are supported by cluster fencing agent’s extensions with Cisco UCS sub-organizations and high operations availability where multiple tenants are involved in the environment.
The final release of RHEL 5.7 is expected in mid-to end of July, as soon as RHEL 5.6 are released. The aim of RHEL is to maintain a 6 month gap between minor releases says Jim Totton the Platform Business Unit Vice President of RHEL at the recent Red Hat Summit and JBoss World 2011conversation at heise Open.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...2 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .