What is new on the Red Hat 5.7 Beta?
Following the release of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL 6.1, the beta version of the RHEL 5.7 is now available. Although, not a major release, this is a vital update as most of RHEL user-base is yet on the RHEL 5. With the RHEL 6 proving to be a worthy release, 5.7 Beta offers greater features as part of the RHEL 5 life cycle.
The RHEL 5 debuted in 2007 March and has in the past four years has seen 6 incremental updates so far and this is the seventh update as part of the RHEL 5 life-cycle. A lifecycle is defined as approximately ten years for any major release of RHEL from release date and takes seven years of full life and three years of extended life for a RHEL product. So, RHEL 5.7 contains Errata Advisories or updates and security bug fixes and feature enhancements.
The new RHEL 5.7 features
Red Hat Enterprises 5.7 introduces new enterprise features like the OpenSCAP security reporting, development tools for cross-platforms and a new subscription manager. Also new on the 5.7 are the revised drivers and improved speeds.
This beta includes improved resources for management in enterprises. Better virtualization features and noticeable changes to the data center flexibility. You will find driver updates and enhanced updates for kernel support for most leading hardware. Intel, AMD, IBM Mainframe and POWER are all updated.
Following are some cool features that are going to set the techie’s cracking their knuckles in glee
OpenSCAP validates security configurations and vulnerabilities over infrastructure by improving security operations; SSSD RHEL5 authentication is integrated into directory services for the enterprises; LDAP are expanded auto-mounted file systems and powerful management application the Subscription Manager.
Live Migration faster with improved convergence speeds due to KVM enhancements. attached disks, serial interfaces combined with faster and smaller Boot Images, due to Xen hypervisor development environment.
Greater Datacenter flexibility, Add-on Availability
VMware platform High Availability on a native SOAP API fencing agent is some of the additional flexible features. Latest hardware innovations are supported by cluster fencing agent’s extensions with Cisco UCS sub-organizations and high operations availability where multiple tenants are involved in the environment.
The final release of RHEL 5.7 is expected in mid-to end of July, as soon as RHEL 5.6 are released. The aim of RHEL is to maintain a 6 month gap between minor releases says Jim Totton the Platform Business Unit Vice President of RHEL at the recent Red Hat Summit and JBoss World 2011conversation at heise Open.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .