Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
What is new on the Red Hat 5.7 Beta?
Following the release of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL 6.1, the beta version of the RHEL 5.7 is now available. Although, not a major release, this is a vital update as most of RHEL user-base is yet on the RHEL 5. With the RHEL 6 proving to be a worthy release, 5.7 Beta offers greater features as part of the RHEL 5 life cycle.
The RHEL 5 debuted in 2007 March and has in the past four years has seen 6 incremental updates so far and this is the seventh update as part of the RHEL 5 life-cycle. A lifecycle is defined as approximately ten years for any major release of RHEL from release date and takes seven years of full life and three years of extended life for a RHEL product. So, RHEL 5.7 contains Errata Advisories or updates and security bug fixes and feature enhancements.
The new RHEL 5.7 features
Red Hat Enterprises 5.7 introduces new enterprise features like the OpenSCAP security reporting, development tools for cross-platforms and a new subscription manager. Also new on the 5.7 are the revised drivers and improved speeds.
This beta includes improved resources for management in enterprises. Better virtualization features and noticeable changes to the data center flexibility. You will find driver updates and enhanced updates for kernel support for most leading hardware. Intel, AMD, IBM Mainframe and POWER are all updated.
Following are some cool features that are going to set the techie’s cracking their knuckles in glee
OpenSCAP validates security configurations and vulnerabilities over infrastructure by improving security operations; SSSD RHEL5 authentication is integrated into directory services for the enterprises; LDAP are expanded auto-mounted file systems and powerful management application the Subscription Manager.
Live Migration faster with improved convergence speeds due to KVM enhancements. attached disks, serial interfaces combined with faster and smaller Boot Images, due to Xen hypervisor development environment.
Greater Datacenter flexibility, Add-on Availability
VMware platform High Availability on a native SOAP API fencing agent is some of the additional flexible features. Latest hardware innovations are supported by cluster fencing agent’s extensions with Cisco UCS sub-organizations and high operations availability where multiple tenants are involved in the environment.
The final release of RHEL 5.7 is expected in mid-to end of July, as soon as RHEL 5.6 are released. The aim of RHEL is to maintain a 6 month gap between minor releases says Jim Totton the Platform Business Unit Vice President of RHEL at the recent Red Hat Summit and JBoss World 2011conversation at heise Open.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux : A gateway is a node or a router that acts as an access point to passes network data from local netwo...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Setup the Raspberry Pi as a NAS
- How to Monitor Filesystem Events with incron
- Useful Commands for Linux Users – Episode 6
- Deadly Linux Commands
- Determine Your Specifications from Command-Line
- Automatically Change the Desktop Wallpaper Using Variety on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup Server Using rsnapshot
- How to Disable/Change Default PDF Viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .