Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
VLC 2.0 "Twoflower" has been released! PPA Ubuntu11.10 and LinuxMint12
VLC 2.0 “Twoflower” has been released, this is a major release of VLC that comes with faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware, ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs.
According to the announcement, the new VLC2.0 code named “Twoflower” has a new rendering pipeline for video, with higher quality subtitles, and new video filters to enhance your videos. It supports many new devices and BluRay Discs (experimental).
You may also read : 25 things VLC media player can do
Install VLC2.0 on Ubuntu, LinuxMint, fedora and other Linux disro
VLC2.0 already present in Ubuntu12.04 Precise Pangolin repositories, and can be installed by using the following command:
sudo apt-get install vlc
For installation on Ubuntu 11.10 and LinuxMint 12 via repositories:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/vlc sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install vlc
You can also install vlc2.0 using the vlc daily stable PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:videolan/stable-daily sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install vlc
For other Linux distribution download vlc2.0 from this link
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .