Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
VirtualBox4.2 has been released! PPA
VirtualBox4.2 is out, according to the announcement, the release builds on previous versions by adding new features such as VM Groups which are designed to streamline management, improving network capabilities, and providing support for new host and guest operating system platforms like Oracle Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.8 “Mountain Lion,” and Oracle Linux 6.3..
What`s new in VirtualBox4.2?
- Improved Windows 8 support, in particular many 3D-related fixes
- GUI: VM groups (bug #288)
- GUI: expert mode for wizards
- GUI: allow to alter some settings during runtime
- Support for up to 36 network cards, in combination with an ICH9 chipset configuration (bug #8805)
- Resource control: added support for limiting network IO bandwidth; see the manual for more information (bug #3653)
- Added possibility to start VMs during system boot on Linux, OS X and Solaris; see the manual for more information (bug #950)
- Added experimental support for Drag’n'drop from the host to Linux guests. Support for more guests and for guest-to-host is planned. (bug #81)
- Added support for parallel port passthrough on Windows hosts
- Enhanced API for controlling the guest; please see the SDK reference and API documentation for more information
Installation for Ubuntu and other Linux distros
Remember that before to install the new release you will need to remove the old one.
Now to install in Ubuntu, open terminal and enter the following commands:
echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.2
If you don`t want to install virtualbox from repository download the following .deb packages from this Link.
- For Other Linux distribution, download the packages from this Link.
For installation of extension pack, please check our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .