VirtualBox 4.1.6 has been released!
VirtualBox 4.1.6 has been released!, this is a maintenance release that comes to fix some major bugs.
VirtualBox 4.1.6 change log
- VRDP: fixed screen corruption
- NAT: the interface stopped working after a lot of failed ICMP requests
- E1000: fixed rare Windows 7 guest hangs, either at boot time or when reconfiguring the network card in unusual setups
- ATA: fixed a possible crash during ATAPI passthrough with certain guests
- ATA: improved compatibility with ancient Linux kernels
- Main: fixed incorrect framebuffer information after leaving the fullscreen mode with X11 guests, this lead to a scrambled preview window in the GUI for example
- Mac OS X hosts: fixed the problem with duplicate packets when bridged to a wireless interface (bug #9648)
- Linux hosts: fix for 3D support on Fedora 15 (bug #9799)
- Linux hosts: don’t call del_timer_sync from an interrupt context
- Windows Vista and 7 guests: more WDDM fixes
- Linux Additions: fixed kernel module compilation failure on Redhat Enterprise Linux 4
- Linux Additions: install the DRI driver correctly on Ubuntu 11.10 guests
- Solaris Additions: added read-only mmap support for shared folders
- Solaris Additions: added directory, file mode and mask options for shared folders
- Windows Additions: implemented faster detection of logged-in guest users and stale sessions
- X.Org Additions: fixed graphical corruption when switching to a virtual terminal (bug #9490)
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint, open terminal and enter the following commands
echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.1
- If you don`t want to install virtualbox from repository download the following .deb packages from this Link.
- For Other Linux distribution, download the packages from this Link.
For installation of extension pack, please check our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .