VirtualBox 4.1.6 has been released!
VirtualBox 4.1.6 has been released!, this is a maintenance release that comes to fix some major bugs.
VirtualBox 4.1.6 change log
- VRDP: fixed screen corruption
- NAT: the interface stopped working after a lot of failed ICMP requests
- E1000: fixed rare Windows 7 guest hangs, either at boot time or when reconfiguring the network card in unusual setups
- ATA: fixed a possible crash during ATAPI passthrough with certain guests
- ATA: improved compatibility with ancient Linux kernels
- Main: fixed incorrect framebuffer information after leaving the fullscreen mode with X11 guests, this lead to a scrambled preview window in the GUI for example
- Mac OS X hosts: fixed the problem with duplicate packets when bridged to a wireless interface (bug #9648)
- Linux hosts: fix for 3D support on Fedora 15 (bug #9799)
- Linux hosts: don’t call del_timer_sync from an interrupt context
- Windows Vista and 7 guests: more WDDM fixes
- Linux Additions: fixed kernel module compilation failure on Redhat Enterprise Linux 4
- Linux Additions: install the DRI driver correctly on Ubuntu 11.10 guests
- Solaris Additions: added read-only mmap support for shared folders
- Solaris Additions: added directory, file mode and mask options for shared folders
- Windows Additions: implemented faster detection of logged-in guest users and stale sessions
- X.Org Additions: fixed graphical corruption when switching to a virtual terminal (bug #9490)
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint, open terminal and enter the following commands
echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.1
- If you don`t want to install virtualbox from repository download the following .deb packages from this Link.
- For Other Linux distribution, download the packages from this Link.
For installation of extension pack, please check our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .