VirtualBox 4.1.6 has been released!
VirtualBox 4.1.6 has been released!, this is a maintenance release that comes to fix some major bugs.
VirtualBox 4.1.6 change log
- VRDP: fixed screen corruption
- NAT: the interface stopped working after a lot of failed ICMP requests
- E1000: fixed rare Windows 7 guest hangs, either at boot time or when reconfiguring the network card in unusual setups
- ATA: fixed a possible crash during ATAPI passthrough with certain guests
- ATA: improved compatibility with ancient Linux kernels
- Main: fixed incorrect framebuffer information after leaving the fullscreen mode with X11 guests, this lead to a scrambled preview window in the GUI for example
- Mac OS X hosts: fixed the problem with duplicate packets when bridged to a wireless interface (bug #9648)
- Linux hosts: fix for 3D support on Fedora 15 (bug #9799)
- Linux hosts: don’t call del_timer_sync from an interrupt context
- Windows Vista and 7 guests: more WDDM fixes
- Linux Additions: fixed kernel module compilation failure on Redhat Enterprise Linux 4
- Linux Additions: install the DRI driver correctly on Ubuntu 11.10 guests
- Solaris Additions: added read-only mmap support for shared folders
- Solaris Additions: added directory, file mode and mask options for shared folders
- Windows Additions: implemented faster detection of logged-in guest users and stale sessions
- X.Org Additions: fixed graphical corruption when switching to a virtual terminal (bug #9490)
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint, open terminal and enter the following commands
echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.1
- If you don`t want to install virtualbox from repository download the following .deb packages from this Link.
– For Other Linux distribution, download the packages from this Link.
For installation of extension pack, please check our previous post.