VirtualBox 4.2.18 has been released!
Oracle VirtualBox 4.2.18 has been released, this is a maintenance release that comes to fixe many important bugs. According to the announcement the following bugs were fixed :
- VMM: properly handle NMIs on Linux hosts with X2APIC enabled
- VMM: fixed potential crashes with 64-bit guests on 32-bit hosts (bug #11979)
- GUI / seamless: properly handle mouse wheel scroll events
- GUI, VBoxManage: when unregistering a VM, also unregister the hard disk images which are used exclusively (bug #10311)
- GUI: prevent crashes under certain conditions on X11 hosts
- 3D: multiscreen fixes (incorrect mouse position, flickers)
- 3D Support: several fixes for the Windows WDDM video driver (multiscreen, seamless)
- Snapshots: made live snapshots work again (bug #9255)
- Teleportation: made it work again (bug #9455)
- VBoxManage: on snapshot take, –pause is default and –live is for doing live snapshots
- VBoxSVC: don’t crash on systems with many VLAN interfaces (Solaris hosts only)
- Network: after the host resumes from suspend, disconnect and reconnect the virtual network cables to force renewing the DHCP leases for the guests. So far only Mac OS X hosts and Windows hosts (bug #10063).
- NAT: on name server changes force a reconnect of the virtual network cable to notify the guest (Mac OS X hosts only)
- Mac OS X installer: keep previously installed Extension Packs on VirtualBox upgrade
- Linux hosts / guests: Linux 3.11 fixes (bug #12001)
- Solaris hosts: fixed a potential kernel panic caused due to unexpected preemption due to logging.
- Windows hosts: fixed an issue with USB2 devices being inaccessible when plugged into USB3 ports.
- Linux Additions: added PCI device identifier to vboxvideo.ko fixing DRI initialization under certain conditions (bug #11957)
- Linux Additions: fixed udev detection in the init script with Linux 3.x kernels
Installation in Ubuntu and Linux Mint:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo -v echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.2
If you don`t want to install virtualbox from repository, download the following .deb packages from this Link.
For Other Linux distribution, download the packages from this Link.- For the extension pack download it from here:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .