VINEYARD- An application to integrate wine into Ubuntu |Gnome
Vineyard is a collection of tools and libraries designed to make managing Windows programs on Linux easier. It aims to improve the integration of Wine and the Free Desktop and to make it easier to create programs and tools that integrate with Wine.
Vineyard project includes Vineyard-preference, a configuration utility for the default Wine configuration as well as for separate Wine configurations, similar to the bottles, virtual hard drives or wineprefixes of other utilities. Vineyard-preferences is done in the style of the GNOME preferences tools and aims for the same ease and use.
Also included is nautilus-wine, an extension for GNOMEs default file-manager Nautilus, that enables easy per-executable configuration from the properties window for files.
At the base of Vineyard is the Python package python-wine that enables interfacing with the Wine Registry Database as well as easy control of various Wine functions such as drives, libraries, themes and even programs managing, effectively providing the functionality usually provided by winecfg, regedit, wine uninstall and building on it with integrated separate configuration support, often used registry functions (similar to some of what winetricks provides) and basic AppDB integration.*
Installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cybolic/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vineyard
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .