Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
VINEYARD- An application to integrate wine into Ubuntu |Gnome
Vineyard is a collection of tools and libraries designed to make managing Windows programs on Linux easier. It aims to improve the integration of Wine and the Free Desktop and to make it easier to create programs and tools that integrate with Wine.
Vineyard project includes Vineyard-preference, a configuration utility for the default Wine configuration as well as for separate Wine configurations, similar to the bottles, virtual hard drives or wineprefixes of other utilities. Vineyard-preferences is done in the style of the GNOME preferences tools and aims for the same ease and use.
Also included is nautilus-wine, an extension for GNOMEs default file-manager Nautilus, that enables easy per-executable configuration from the properties window for files.
At the base of Vineyard is the Python package python-wine that enables interfacing with the Wine Registry Database as well as easy control of various Wine functions such as drives, libraries, themes and even programs managing, effectively providing the functionality usually provided by winecfg, regedit, wine uninstall and building on it with integrated separate configuration support, often used registry functions (similar to some of what winetricks provides) and basic AppDB integration.*
Installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cybolic/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vineyard
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .