VINEYARD- An application to integrate wine into Ubuntu |Gnome
Vineyard is a collection of tools and libraries designed to make managing Windows programs on Linux easier. It aims to improve the integration of Wine and the Free Desktop and to make it easier to create programs and tools that integrate with Wine.
Vineyard project includes Vineyard-preference, a configuration utility for the default Wine configuration as well as for separate Wine configurations, similar to the bottles, virtual hard drives or wineprefixes of other utilities. Vineyard-preferences is done in the style of the GNOME preferences tools and aims for the same ease and use.
Also included is nautilus-wine, an extension for GNOMEs default file-manager Nautilus, that enables easy per-executable configuration from the properties window for files.
At the base of Vineyard is the Python package python-wine that enables interfacing with the Wine Registry Database as well as easy control of various Wine functions such as drives, libraries, themes and even programs managing, effectively providing the functionality usually provided by winecfg, regedit, wine uninstall and building on it with integrated separate configuration support, often used registry functions (similar to some of what winetricks provides) and basic AppDB integration.*
Installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cybolic/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vineyard
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .