Upstart 1.9.1 Released
Just one week out from the release of Upstart 1.9, Ubuntu has pushed out 1.9.1.
Upstart is an event-based replacement for the /sbin/init daemon which handles starting of tasks and services during boot, stopping them during shutdown and supervising them while the system is running.
It was originally developed for Ubuntu, but is intended to be suitable for deployment across Linux distributions as a replacement for the venerable System-V init.
Recent changes and improvements include:
- Apparmor support added by means of two new stanzas: ‘apparmor load’ and ‘apparmor switch’ (Thanks Marc Deslauriers)
- Stateful re-exec: now serialises all objects, not just the minimum set
- Allow inherited environment variables to be unset for Session Inits
- Ability to specify multiple configuration directories when running as a Session Init
- libupstart: Client library for communicating with Upstart
- upstart-dbus-bridge: New bridge to allow jobs to react to D-Bus signals
- The usual round of fixes and doc improvements
- Fix respawn behaviour regression (introduced in version 1.8) affecting jobs which also specify shell meta-characters in the exec stanza (LP: #1181789)
- Fix common bug which could cause a bridge to crash (LP: #1197225)
- Various fixes for libupstart
- initctl2dot: Layout improvements
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...1 comment |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .