How to upgrade to Opensuse 12.1
Opensuse 12.1 Final has been released, the following post will show How to upgrade your 11.X or 12.1 milestones to RC or Final release ?
The actual installed release: pirat9@linux-xq75:~> cat /etc/issue Welcome to openSUSE 12.1 "Asparagus" Milestone 2 - Kernel r (l).
Start The Upgrade by typing the following commands:
zypper ref && zypper -q dup -d init 3 zypper dup --download-in-advance shutdown -r now (to complete the Kernel Update)
- From 11.x to 12.1 (thx Amir)
zypper addrepo --name "openSUSE-12.1 OSS" http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.1/repo/oss/ repo-12.1-oss
zypper addrepo --name "openSUSE-12.1 Non-OSS" http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss/ repo-12.1-non-oss
zypper addrepo --refresh --name "openSUSE-12.1 Updates" http://download.opensuse.org/update/12.1/ repo-11.2-update
Please let us now if it works
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .