Upgrade to KDE 4.6
Today KDE has released 4.6.0, containing compelling new features and improvements to the Plasma Workspaces.
KDE is comming with many features like :
Spread the Word and See What Happens: Tag as “KDE”
How to install of upgrade your system to the last release . please keep in mind that upgrade to the last release for some ditrubution is not save , because the the packages still in test phases in them repositories.
now let give you some ways how to do this depending of your linux distribution :
For Fedora/Centos download:
and drop it in /etc/yum.repos.d/
Note to x86_64 users: You may have to enable both x86_64 and i386 repos.
To install, a simple
yum groupupdate kde-desktop :
remove the old KDE repositories
add the new source media for 32 en 64bit
#urpmi.addmedia kde-4.5 ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/4.6.0/Mandriva/2010.1/i586/
#urpmi.addmedia kde-4.5 ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/4.6.0/Mandriva/2010.1/x86_64/
and start the update
#urpmi –auto-update –auto-select
For Ubuntu and Kubuntu
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .