Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Howto upgrade Opensuse to 11.4
Question: How to upgrade Opensuse 11.x to 11.4 ?
1- First upgrade you packages to the last version with :
Important :Please be carefull and make a backup to your home directory and to your repo files /etc/zypp/repod.d/*
cp -p /etc/zypp/repod.d/* /home/user
Then remove them the repositories
rm -rf /etc/zypp/repod.d/*
2- Add new 11.4 reposotries to this directory using the command :
zypper addrepo http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.4/repo/oss/ OS
2-Add Non-OSS repository using the command
zypper addrepo http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.4/repo/non-oss/ non-OSS
3-add the Packman repositoy for extra packages and multimedia:
and add these lines :
name=Packman repository (openSUSE_11.4)
save and exit
Now refresh and upgrade
When upgrade is done, restart your computer.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Resolve libudev0 Issue When Installing Google Chrome in Ubuntu 13.04 : When installing chrome in Ubuntu 13.04, I got the following error: Google Chrome can not ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .