Tribler – An Innovative Decentralized BitTorrent Client
Tribler is an open source decentralized BitTorrent client that enables us to find, view, enjoy and share contents such as video, audio, pictures and more. Tribler has the following three main goals: Find content, Consume content and Share content. It is available for Windows, Mac, Android and Linux.
With built-in improved search functionality, you can easily find the right contents in right time from other Tribler users and as well as from giant media sites like Youtube. Tribler doesn’t rely on any external website or indexing services. Whenever you search for a content, it doesn’t come from a central server, instead it directly comes from the other Tribler user peers. So if the central server, torrent search engines and trackers goes down, Tribler keep the torrent alive and your download will be still available. So we can say that the downtime is zero seconds always.
Also you can search contents using keywords such as audio, video and pictures. If you find a useful content that you like most, rate it and share it with your friends, so that such kind of contents will be kept in high rated content category. The users who have same taste like you will find the content easily in near future.
Tribler has a built-in video and audio player, so that users can watch/listen video/audio immediately. Using this useful functionality, you can save your internet bandwidth as much as you can. You can modify the torrents names and descriptions using Tribler integrated editing function.
Want to know more about Tribler, check out the Tribler FAQ section here.
Install Tribler On Ubuntu / Linux Mint
You can download the latest Tribler version here. Run the following commands in your Ubuntu and it’s derivative systems to install Tribler.
Ubuntu 32 bit:
$ wget http://dl.tribler.org/tribler-swift_6.2.0ubuntu1_i386.deb $ sudo dpkg -i tribler-swift_6.2.0ubuntu1_i386.deb $ wget http://dl.tribler.org/tribler_6.2.0ubuntu1_all.deb $ sudo dpkg -i tribler_6.2.0ubuntu1_all.deb $ sudo apt-get install -f
Ubuntu 64 bit:
$ wget http://dl.tribler.org/tribler-swift_6.2.0ubuntu1_amd64.deb $ sudo dpkg -i tribler-swift_6.2.0ubuntu1_i386.deb $ wget http://dl.tribler.org/tribler_6.2.0ubuntu1_all.deb $ sudo dpkg -i tribler_6.2.0ubuntu1_all.deb $ sudo apt-get install -f
Launch Tribler either from Dash or Menu. the default interface should look like this.
Tribler in action:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .