Tribler – An Innovative Decentralized BitTorrent Client
Tribler is an open source decentralized BitTorrent client that enables us to find, view, enjoy and share contents such as video, audio, pictures and more. Tribler has the following three main goals: Find content, Consume content and Share content. It is available for Windows, Mac, Android and Linux.
With built-in improved search functionality, you can easily find the right contents in right time from other Tribler users and as well as from giant media sites like Youtube. Tribler doesn’t rely on any external website or indexing services. Whenever you search for a content, it doesn’t come from a central server, instead it directly comes from the other Tribler user peers. So if the central server, torrent search engines and trackers goes down, Tribler keep the torrent alive and your download will be still available. So we can say that the downtime is zero seconds always.
Also you can search contents using keywords such as audio, video and pictures. If you find a useful content that you like most, rate it and share it with your friends, so that such kind of contents will be kept in high rated content category. The users who have same taste like you will find the content easily in near future.
Tribler has a built-in video and audio player, so that users can watch/listen video/audio immediately. Using this useful functionality, you can save your internet bandwidth as much as you can. You can modify the torrents names and descriptions using Tribler integrated editing function.
Want to know more about Tribler, check out the Tribler FAQ section here.
Install Tribler On Ubuntu / Linux Mint
You can download the latest Tribler version here. Run the following commands in your Ubuntu and it’s derivative systems to install Tribler.
Ubuntu 32 bit:
$ wget http://dl.tribler.org/tribler-swift_6.2.0ubuntu1_i386.deb $ sudo dpkg -i tribler-swift_6.2.0ubuntu1_i386.deb $ wget http://dl.tribler.org/tribler_6.2.0ubuntu1_all.deb $ sudo dpkg -i tribler_6.2.0ubuntu1_all.deb $ sudo apt-get install -f
Ubuntu 64 bit:
$ wget http://dl.tribler.org/tribler-swift_6.2.0ubuntu1_amd64.deb $ sudo dpkg -i tribler-swift_6.2.0ubuntu1_i386.deb $ wget http://dl.tribler.org/tribler_6.2.0ubuntu1_all.deb $ sudo dpkg -i tribler_6.2.0ubuntu1_all.deb $ sudo apt-get install -f
Launch Tribler either from Dash or Menu. the default interface should look like this.
Tribler in action:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .