Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
The Tab Mix Plus version 0.3.8.6, the Tab Add-on for Firefox
Yes, Mozilla’s Firefox is the best browser to date. However, there are certain inherent browser features that are lacking, which third party developers offer. The Tab Mix Plus is one such add-on that helps in deriving features and functional capabilities, which are default on most other browsers. Tabbed browsing with Tab Mix Plus is essentially enabled by a several features of other extensions built into a single package. It supports close to twenty languages and is has quite a bloated feel.
The Tab Mix Plus offers better tab browsing capabilities with the inclusion of duplicating tabs, tab-clicking options, undo closed tabs, controlling tab focus and several other features. Another major is the full-featured session manager for those instances of crashes. It saves and restores opened tabs and windows, in a combination sequence.
Version 0.3.8.6, essentially takes care of bugs, fixes some, and sorts out compatibility issues with extensions as well as themes. So far, compatibility with Firefox 6.x.x and . However, support for Firefox 2.0 will not be available with later versions.
Versions in Tab Mix Plus
Usually, there are two versions of Tab Mix Plus available with every release. The ‘official release’ version supports usual use and is found at the Mozilla Add-on website. It means that these releases are reviewed by Mozilla and can be used with Firefox. This is very critical part of using Add-ons as third-party service providers generally develop them.
The second version is usually a ‘pre-release’ version or a ‘development version’ and is used extensively for testing by developers before release. Therefore, this version is available only from the developer’s home website.
Why Tab Mix Plus is the perfect Add-on
Tab Mix Plus makes it easy to change settings using the scroll wheel. It enables browsing tabs, controlling tab switching with mouse gestures. It is great to specify whether you want web pages to open in the foreground or the background. You can even control it to open in the new tab or continue to open in current tab. This will be possible on whether you are clicking the link, typing in the address or searching at the bar.
Tab duplication is optimized and is protected from closing. Tab Mix Plus is truly convenient to merge tabs from different windows. It is convenient when downloading files as it prevents blank tabs while downloading. The Session Manager is a great feature, which brings back tabs, used in the last browser session, before shut down.
Perhaps, one feature, which users would truly appreciate on the Tab Mix Plus is probably a thumbnails view.
And of course there are the incompatibility issues, such as with Firefox 2.0, leading to uninstalling the version 2.0. Again, users do mention a feel of software bloat and Tab Mix Plus developers justify it is because of the incredible number of languages the software supports.
The latest version 0.3.8.6 is compatible with Firefox 6.0.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...2 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
- How to Block Ads on Your Web Browsers Using Privoxy
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .