The Tab Mix Plus version 0.3.8.6, the Tab Add-on for Firefox
Yes, Mozilla’s Firefox is the best browser to date. However, there are certain inherent browser features that are lacking, which third party developers offer. The Tab Mix Plus is one such add-on that helps in deriving features and functional capabilities, which are default on most other browsers. Tabbed browsing with Tab Mix Plus is essentially enabled by a several features of other extensions built into a single package. It supports close to twenty languages and is has quite a bloated feel.
The Tab Mix Plus offers better tab browsing capabilities with the inclusion of duplicating tabs, tab-clicking options, undo closed tabs, controlling tab focus and several other features. Another major is the full-featured session manager for those instances of crashes. It saves and restores opened tabs and windows, in a combination sequence.
Version 0.3.8.6, essentially takes care of bugs, fixes some, and sorts out compatibility issues with extensions as well as themes. So far, compatibility with Firefox 6.x.x and . However, support for Firefox 2.0 will not be available with later versions.
Versions in Tab Mix Plus
Usually, there are two versions of Tab Mix Plus available with every release. The ‘official release’ version supports usual use and is found at the Mozilla Add-on website. It means that these releases are reviewed by Mozilla and can be used with Firefox. This is very critical part of using Add-ons as third-party service providers generally develop them.
The second version is usually a ‘pre-release’ version or a ‘development version’ and is used extensively for testing by developers before release. Therefore, this version is available only from the developer’s home website.
Why Tab Mix Plus is the perfect Add-on
Tab Mix Plus makes it easy to change settings using the scroll wheel. It enables browsing tabs, controlling tab switching with mouse gestures. It is great to specify whether you want web pages to open in the foreground or the background. You can even control it to open in the new tab or continue to open in current tab. This will be possible on whether you are clicking the link, typing in the address or searching at the bar.
Tab duplication is optimized and is protected from closing. Tab Mix Plus is truly convenient to merge tabs from different windows. It is convenient when downloading files as it prevents blank tabs while downloading. The Session Manager is a great feature, which brings back tabs, used in the last browser session, before shut down.
Perhaps, one feature, which users would truly appreciate on the Tab Mix Plus is probably a thumbnails view.
And of course there are the incompatibility issues, such as with Firefox 2.0, leading to uninstalling the version 2.0. Again, users do mention a feel of software bloat and Tab Mix Plus developers justify it is because of the incredible number of languages the software supports.
The latest version 0.3.8.6 is compatible with Firefox 6.0.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .