The Black Perl is back with a new release- Sabayon 5.5 | With Screenshots Tour
Sabayon Linux 5.5 is released, it is available for both GNOME and KDE editions . This new release features best AMD/ATI and NVIDIA Linux Desktop support, faster boot time compared to Sabayon 5.4, improved Windows autostart support, try Sabayon directly from your Microsoft OS and more.
Sabayon Linux is a linux distribution that offers a complete out-of-the-box experience, it comes with pre-installed media codecs, drivers, and games. Sabayon is a rolling release. If installed and used regularly you shouldn’t need to reinstall new versions. Simply use the GUI package manager or command line if you choose, to keep up to date.
Sabayon 5.5 Features
More than 1000 updated packages since Sabayon 5.4 and more than 100 bugs (stability, usability and performance) fixed
- Shipped with Desktop-optimized Linux kernel 2.6.37 (Group Scheduling patch, Tuxonice, AUFS2.1) and Glibc 2.11
- Cutting-edge X.Org Graphics stack (mesa-7.10 + xorg-server- 1.9 + 2.6.37 kernel = KMS enabled, Gallium3d, best performance with OSS drivers)
- Providing the best AMD/ATI and NVIDIA Linux Desktop out-of-the-box experience out there
- Providing extra Server-optimized, OpenVZ-enabled, Vserver-enabled kernels in repositories
- Installable in 10 minutes
- Slightly faster boot time compared to Sabayon 5.4
- Ext4 filesystem as default, btrfs (experimental), encrypted (luks) filesystem support
- Containing GNOME 2.32 (getting ready for GNOME 3.0) and KDE 4.5.5 (KDE 4.6.0 will be available through updates)
- Outstanding 3D Desktop applications (Compiz, Compiz Fusion and KWin) working out of the box
- Sane Desktop Compositing now enabled by default (Metacity Compositing for GNOME, KWin Compositing for KDE)
- Bringing Entropy Framework 1.0_alpha9 and complete PackageKit support
- Shipped with OpenOffice productivity suite and all the multimedia applications you need
- Transform Sabayon into an full-featured HTPC Operating System (Media Center) using XBMC
- Shipped with World of Goo Demo – best 2D game ever!
- Improved Windows autostart support, try Sabayon directly from your Microsoft OS!
Sabayon5.5 Screenshots Tour
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .