Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
The Black Perl is back with a new release- Sabayon 5.5 | With Screenshots Tour
Sabayon Linux 5.5 is released, it is available for both GNOME and KDE editions . This new release features best AMD/ATI and NVIDIA Linux Desktop support, faster boot time compared to Sabayon 5.4, improved Windows autostart support, try Sabayon directly from your Microsoft OS and more.
Sabayon Linux is a linux distribution that offers a complete out-of-the-box experience, it comes with pre-installed media codecs, drivers, and games. Sabayon is a rolling release. If installed and used regularly you shouldn’t need to reinstall new versions. Simply use the GUI package manager or command line if you choose, to keep up to date.
Sabayon 5.5 Features
More than 1000 updated packages since Sabayon 5.4 and more than 100 bugs (stability, usability and performance) fixed
- Shipped with Desktop-optimized Linux kernel 2.6.37 (Group Scheduling patch, Tuxonice, AUFS2.1) and Glibc 2.11
- Cutting-edge X.Org Graphics stack (mesa-7.10 + xorg-server- 1.9 + 2.6.37 kernel = KMS enabled, Gallium3d, best performance with OSS drivers)
- Providing the best AMD/ATI and NVIDIA Linux Desktop out-of-the-box experience out there
- Providing extra Server-optimized, OpenVZ-enabled, Vserver-enabled kernels in repositories
- Installable in 10 minutes
- Slightly faster boot time compared to Sabayon 5.4
- Ext4 filesystem as default, btrfs (experimental), encrypted (luks) filesystem support
- Containing GNOME 2.32 (getting ready for GNOME 3.0) and KDE 4.5.5 (KDE 4.6.0 will be available through updates)
- Outstanding 3D Desktop applications (Compiz, Compiz Fusion and KWin) working out of the box
- Sane Desktop Compositing now enabled by default (Metacity Compositing for GNOME, KWin Compositing for KDE)
- Bringing Entropy Framework 1.0_alpha9 and complete PackageKit support
- Shipped with OpenOffice productivity suite and all the multimedia applications you need
- Transform Sabayon into an full-featured HTPC Operating System (Media Center) using XBMC
- Shipped with World of Goo Demo – best 2D game ever!
- Improved Windows autostart support, try Sabayon directly from your Microsoft OS!
Sabayon5.5 Screenshots Tour
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .