Synkron: A Cross Platform File/Folder Synchronization Software
Synkron is a simple Qt application that allows you to sync files and folders to all your devices. It can be used to sync documents, music and pictures everywhere. It supports almost all platforms such as GNU/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
Its a simple GUI tool comes with many interesting features. It allows you to sync multiple folders, analyze folders to see what is going to be done. Also it allows you to exclude certain folders from sync that you don’t want and you can restore the files which were overwritten or deleted in previous syncs.
Install Synkron On Ubuntu 13.04
Install the necessary dependencies first:
$ sudo apt-get install build-essential libqt4-dev
Download the latest version from www.sourceforge.net:
$ wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/synkron/files/synkron/1.6.2/Synkron-1.6.2-src.tar.gz
Extract it using command:
$ tar -xvf Synkron-1.6.2-src.tar.gz
Change to the Synkron directory and compile it with following commands:
$ cd Synkron-1.6.2-src/ $ sudo lrelease-qt4 Synkron.pro $ sudo qmake-qt4 Synkron.pro $ sudo make
Run Synkron using command:
The default interface will look like below.
For more information about Synkron visit the official Documentation page.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .