Synkron: A Cross Platform File/Folder Synchronization Software
Synkron is a simple Qt application that allows you to sync files and folders to all your devices. It can be used to sync documents, music and pictures everywhere. It supports almost all platforms such as GNU/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
Its a simple GUI tool comes with many interesting features. It allows you to sync multiple folders, analyze folders to see what is going to be done. Also it allows you to exclude certain folders from sync that you don’t want and you can restore the files which were overwritten or deleted in previous syncs.
Install Synkron On Ubuntu 13.04
Install the necessary dependencies first:
$ sudo apt-get install build-essential libqt4-dev
Download the latest version from www.sourceforge.net:
$ wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/synkron/files/synkron/1.6.2/Synkron-1.6.2-src.tar.gz
Extract it using command:
$ tar -xvf Synkron-1.6.2-src.tar.gz
Change to the Synkron directory and compile it with following commands:
$ cd Synkron-1.6.2-src/ $ sudo lrelease-qt4 Synkron.pro $ sudo qmake-qt4 Synkron.pro $ sudo make
Run Synkron using command:
The default interface will look like below.
For more information about Synkron visit the official Documentation page.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .