Setup your personal Cloud server in minutes using ownCloud On RHEL, CentOS, Scientific Linux 6.5
ownCloud is a free Open Source software, used to setup your own personal cloud for file sharing, Calender, Contact and Bookmark sharing and Personal Audio/Video Streaming. It is pretty easy to setup and manage.
In this tutorial i am using CentOS 6.5 minimal server to setup ownCloud. My testbox details are given below.
Operating system: CentOS 6.5 Minimal Installation IP Address: 192.168.1.101/24
While it was tested on CentOS 6.5, it is applicable for all RPM based distros.
Then your server should have a working LAMP stack. Refer the following link to setup LAMP server.
Install following necessary PHP extensions:
# yum install php-mysql php-json php-xml php-mbstring php-zip php-gd curl php-curl php-pdo
Setting up database for ownCloud
Let us create a database called ‘ownclouddb’ and database user ‘ownclouduser’ with passwor ‘centos’.
# mysql -u root -p Enter password: Welcome to the MariaDB monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Your MariaDB connection id is 66 Server version: 5.5.34-MariaDB MariaDB Server Copyright (c) 2000, 2013, Oracle, Monty Program Ab and others. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. MariaDB [(none)]> CREATE DATABASE ownclouddb; Query OK, 1 row affected (0.04 sec) MariaDB [(none)]> GRANT ALL ON ownclouddb.* TO ownclouduser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'centos'; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec) MariaDB [(none)]> flush privileges; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec) MariaDB [(none)]> exit Bye
Switch to your apache root folder and download ownCloud latest version
Goto to Apache root document folder and download the latest version of owncloud.
# wget http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-6.0.0a.tar.bz2
Extract the tar package using command:
# tar xvf owncloud-6.0.0a.tar.bz2
Move the extracted folder to your apache root folder (i.e /var/www/html/)
# mv owncloud/ /var/www/html/
Set the ownership and permissions to the following folders:
# chown -R apache:apache /var/www/html/owncloud/ # chmod 777 /var/www/html/owncloud/config/
Enable apache rewrite mode.
Edit file “/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf”,
# vi /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
Find the following section and Change AllowOverride None to Allowoverride All.
[...] AllowOverride All [...]
Finally, restart the apachehttpd and mysql services.
# service mysql restart # service httpd restart
Begin ownCloud Installation
Navigate to http://ip-address/owncloud or http://domain-name/owncloud from your web browser.
Note: If encountered with any permission errors, disable SELinux and try again.
The index page of own cloud will shown up. You will asked be to create a new admin account. Enter the admin account details.
Then, Click on the Advanced drop-down box, select mysql and enter the mysal database name, database user name and password. Finally click Finish setup to complete installation.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .