Setup Web-based Help Desk System Using SiT! On Debian 7 Wheezy
SiT!, Support Incident Tracker, is a Free, Open Source web based ‘Help Desk’ or ‘Support Ticket System’ application which uses PHP and MySQL for tracking technical support calls/emails. SiT! can be used to manage contacts, sites, technical support contracts and support incidents in one place. Also we can send emails directly from SiT!, attach files and record every communication in the incident log. SiT is aware of Service Level Agreements and incidents are flagged if they stray outside of them.
- Web based, easy to install, configure and use.
- Configurable service levels (SLA’s).
- Tracks all inbound and outbound emails.
- LDAP Integration (Support for Active Directory, eDirectory, openLDAP).
- Support for over 19+ languages.
You should have a working LAMP installation in your Debian server. Please follow the below link to install LAMP server in Debian 7 Wheezy.
Also make sure that you have installed the following php extensions.
To install the above extensions, enter the below command in Terminal.
apt-get install php5-mysql libpcre3 libpcre3 php5-xmlrpc php5-imap php5-cli php5-gd php5-common
Create Database for SiT!
Let us create a database called ‘sitdb’, database user ‘situser’ with password ‘debian’.
Login to mysql using command:
mysql -u root -p
Enter the commands one by one to create database, database user and password.
mysql> create database sitdb; Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec) mysql> GRANT ALL ON sitdb.* TO situser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'debian'; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec) mysql> flush privileges; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec) mysql> exit Bye
Download the latest from here. To download from directly from Terminal, enter the following command.
Extract it using command:
tar -zxvf sit_3.67p2.tar.gz
Copy the extracted files to apache root document folder.
cp -R sit-3.67/ /var/www/sit
Open web browser and navigate to http://ip-address/sit or http://domain-name/sit. You should see the following like screen.
Enter your MySQL database details and click Save configuration.
Now you will get a message like in the following screenshot. This means that SiT! can’t write the configuration in /var/www/sit/config.inc.php file due to permission problem. If SiT cannot write the config file automatically it will print a message “Could not write…” as shown in the image below.
Copy the contents of box in the above image.
<?php # config.inc.php - SiT! Config file generated automatically by setup.php on Thu, 31 Oct 2013 11:10:53 +0530 # Web Path # The path to SiT! from the browsers perspective with a trailing slash. e.g. /sit/ $CONFIG['application_webpath'] = '/sit/'; # MySQL Database Username $CONFIG['db_username'] = 'situser'; # MySQL Database Password $CONFIG['db_password'] = 'debian'; # MySQL Database Name $CONFIG['db_database'] = 'sitdb'; # Attachment Filesystem Path # The full absolute file system path to a directory to store attachments in (with a trailing slash). This directory should be writable $CONFIG['attachment_fspath'] = '/var/www/sit/attachments-544d2acec01f42a9a6599981837d9613c1202dc7/';
Save and close the file. After the creating the file click on the Next button.
Now you will be able to successfully connected to your database. Click Next to continue.
Now click Next button to continue.
chmod ugo+wx /var/www/sit/attachments-544d2acec01f42a9a6599981837d9613c1202dc7/
Click Next to continue.
Now your new Help Desk system is ready to use. Head over to official help documentation page to know how to use SiT!. I believe usage of SiT! is not that difficult. You can easily learn how to use it if you go through the couple of pages in the official help manual. Cheers!
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .