Setting Up RHEL 6 for Microsoft SCOM 2012 Support
Believe it or not, it’s important to know that Microsoft has a monitoring solution for Linux servers using Microsoft SCOM (System Center Operations Manager) 2012, which recently I had the chance to setup a Red Hat 6 system using sudo elevation.
A new feature for UNIX and Linux monitoring with System Center 2012 – Operations Manager is the ability to use sudo elevation in the discovery and agent upgrade wizards, as well as Run As accounts. This means that the root user is no longer needed for privileged monitoring (log file monitoring, script/command execution) and agent maintenance (installation, upgrade, and un-installation).
In order to use sudo-enabled accounts for Operations Manager monitoring, the sudoers file must be configured (on each UNIX/Linux computer) to authorize elevation for the selected user account, using visudo.
General requirements for the accounts used by Operations Manager with sudo elevation are:
- The sudoers option require tty must be disabled for the user
- For required commands, sudo authorization must be configured to allow the user to elevate to root, without password
Make the following changes to /etc/sudoers using visudo. In this example the user account is called opsmgrsvc, change the account name to your choice:
#Agent discovery, installation, certificate signing, and maintenance tasks opsmgrsvc ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/sh -c cp /tmp/scx-opsmgrsvc/scx.pem /etc/opt/microsoft/scx/ssl/scx.pem; rm -rf /tmp/scx-opsmgrsvc; /opt/microsoft/scx/bin/tools/scxadmin -restart opsmgrsvc ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/sh -c sh /tmp/scx-opsmgrsvc/GetOSVersion.sh; EC=$?; rm -rf /tmp/scx-opsmgrsvc; exit $EC opsmgrsvc ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/sh -c cat /etc/opt/microsoft/scx/ssl/scx.pem opsmgrsvc ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/sh -c rpm -e scx opsmgrsvc ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/sh -c /bin/rpm -F --force /tmp/scx-opsmgrsvc/scx-1.[0-9].[0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9].rhel.[0-9].x[6-8][4-6].rpm; EC=$?; cd /tmp; rm -rf /tmp/scx-opsmgrsvc; exit $EC opsmgrsvc ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/sh -c /bin/rpm -U --force /tmp/scx-opsmgrsvc/scx-1.[0-9].[0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9].rhel.[0-9].x[6-8][4-6].rpm; EC=$?; cd /tmp; rm -rf /tmp/scx-opsmgrsvc; exit $EC #Log file monitoring opsmgrsvc ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /opt/microsoft/scx/bin/scxlogfilereader -p #Add sudo logging Defaults logfile=/var/log/sudolog
Save the changes and now SCOM 2012 can deploy and install monitors.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .