Sabayon Linux 13.08 Has Been Released
Hi guys. Today i will give you some news on Sabayon Linux 13.08 release. What is Sabayon Linux? Sabayon Linux is a linux distribution based on Gentoo Linux which follows an extreme rolling release model. The previous Sabayon Linux distribution had the openrc as the default init system, things have changed in this Sabayon Release, the systemd is the default init system.
The Sabayon Linux 13.08 comes with Linux Kernel 3.10.4, updated external ZFS filesystem support and a new high-dpi artwork. There are many desktop environments supported by the Sabayon Linux 13.08 distro. Some of these desktop environments are GNOME 3.8.4, KDE 4.10.5, MATE 1.6.2, Xfce 4.10.
For linux users that are interested in word processing, do not worry, the Sabayon Linux 13.08 comes with LibreOffice 4.1 preinstalled. I got some good news for KDE boys too. Since the KDE 4.11 release is a couple of hours away you may be curious to know if the Sabayon Linux is going to host this new release or not. To shut down your curiosity I will say Yes, the Sabayon Linux team is working and has done the preparatory work to host this new stable release of KDE.
Sabayon Linux 13.08 new features
1. Linux Kernel 3.10.4
2. GNOME 3.8.4 KDE 4.10.5 MATE 1.6.2 Xfce 4.10
3. LibreOffice 4.1
4. UEFI SecureBoot for 64 bit images
5. Plymouth as default splash system
6. systemd as default init system
Do you want to discover more about Sbayon Linux 13.08? I guarantee there is alot to learn and discover about this linux distro based on gentoo with the intention of making an easy Gentoo. So, what do you say, do you want to give a try? Go and download the iso image you like from the links listed below.
Sabayon GNOME (64 bit):
Sabayon KDE (64 bit):
Sabayon Xfce (64 bit):
Sabayon MATE (64 bit):
Sabayon Minimal (64 bit):
Sabayon GNOME (32 bit):
Sabayon KDE (32 bit):
Sabayon Xfce (64 bit):
Sabayon MATE (32 bit):
Sabayon Minimal (32 bit):
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...4 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .