Sabayon Linux 13.08 Has Been Released
Hi guys. Today i will give you some news on Sabayon Linux 13.08 release. What is Sabayon Linux? Sabayon Linux is a linux distribution based on Gentoo Linux which follows an extreme rolling release model. The previous Sabayon Linux distribution had the openrc as the default init system, things have changed in this Sabayon Release, the systemd is the default init system.
The Sabayon Linux 13.08 comes with Linux Kernel 3.10.4, updated external ZFS filesystem support and a new high-dpi artwork. There are many desktop environments supported by the Sabayon Linux 13.08 distro. Some of these desktop environments are GNOME 3.8.4, KDE 4.10.5, MATE 1.6.2, Xfce 4.10.
For linux users that are interested in word processing, do not worry, the Sabayon Linux 13.08 comes with LibreOffice 4.1 preinstalled. I got some good news for KDE boys too. Since the KDE 4.11 release is a couple of hours away you may be curious to know if the Sabayon Linux is going to host this new release or not. To shut down your curiosity I will say Yes, the Sabayon Linux team is working and has done the preparatory work to host this new stable release of KDE.
Sabayon Linux 13.08 new features
1. Linux Kernel 3.10.4
2. GNOME 3.8.4 KDE 4.10.5 MATE 1.6.2 Xfce 4.10
3. LibreOffice 4.1
4. UEFI SecureBoot for 64 bit images
5. Plymouth as default splash system
6. systemd as default init system
Do you want to discover more about Sbayon Linux 13.08? I guarantee there is alot to learn and discover about this linux distro based on gentoo with the intention of making an easy Gentoo. So, what do you say, do you want to give a try? Go and download the iso image you like from the links listed below.
Sabayon GNOME (64 bit):
Sabayon KDE (64 bit):
Sabayon Xfce (64 bit):
Sabayon MATE (64 bit):
Sabayon Minimal (64 bit):
Sabayon GNOME (32 bit):
Sabayon KDE (32 bit):
Sabayon Xfce (64 bit):
Sabayon MATE (32 bit):
Sabayon Minimal (32 bit):
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Puppet agent Install Using Script : With this script, you can install puppet agents in few minutes on Red Hat or Debian based systems. ...1 comment |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .