Rhythmbox 2.95 has been released!
Rhythmbox 2.95 has been released, this release is considered as final transition of Rhythmbox to GTK +3, the new release also is compatible with Gnome3.
Overview of changes in Rhythmbox 2.95 “In Mind”
- GTK+ 3, GObject introspection, GNOME 3 compatible
- New album art database
- Grilo plugin for UPNP and Jamendo
- Rewritten visualization plugin (using clutter)
- First steps in redesigning some parts of the UI that sorely need it
- New encoding profile system
- Plugins now based on libpeas
- Much improved dbus media server plugin
Installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/rhythmbox sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install rhythmbox