RHE Virtualization via web portal
Few days ago, the makers of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) have released the latest version – RHEV 3.1- that uses web portals to manage the host systems for virtualization. In its previous avatar, the Administrator Console, the Internet Explorer was a requirement to run the web interface.
With the latest version, released in January, makers have effectively removed legacy Windows dependency. Though seen even in the previous RHEV 3.0 release, it worked more like a Technology Preview and did not carry support officially. It could, however, be used on various browsers through a web interface. Now, this feature is obliterated in RHEV 3.1.
Greater Scaling and support
A pleasant feature is the guest support system, allowing ‘160 logical CPUs’ and memory of 2 Terabytes. This is because of the higher core structure the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3 that is known to support guests. This means that the advanced core structure is also very good at supporting the latest entrants AMD plus INTEL processors that are being introduced in the recent months.
The Desktop Virtualization support too is enhanced in RHEV 3.1. VDI or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure ensures comprehensive support including an auto-start feature and a WAN operation.
Storage Live Migration
Additionally, the latest RHEV version provides another feature- the- Storage Live Migration. This feature was introduced to allow administrators to – move from one SAN storage domain to the next- without exiting the Virtual Machines (VMs) during storage migration. However, users of RHEV have to note that this feature is yet listed as Technology Preview and will therefore not receive support, if required.
RHEV 3.1 will also carry a new feature- Live Snapshots. This feature is to provide a graphic documentation of the VM’s current state, in the form of snapshots, thereby providing huge relief to testers and developers.
RHEV3.1 has also been further beefed allowing higher integration of RHEV 3.1 with server appliance – Red Hat Storage Server.
Extended Ecosystem Support
New RHEV for SAP Business Applications running on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux has already been certified.
A 60-day trial RHEV version is also available if users choose to register for the software. With new load of features, RHEV 3.1 has crossed the final step to becoming Windows independent and instead allowing web portal based use for easier and simpler virtualization services. Once this feature too is included in the Support portfolio, it will not be before long when organizations too can choose to virtualize via web portals.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .