Resolve slow connexion when using wifi in ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander , 13.04 and LinuxMint13
Updated-14/10/2013: If after installing or upgrading to ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander. if you noticed a slow connexion when using the wifi, this is a simple solution. This solution works also for LinuxMint13 and above.
1- First Method:
A second The first solution for the slow connexion issue can be by using the following :
Open terminal and enter the following command:
sudo -s gksu gedit /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf
at the end of the file add this:
options ath9k nohwcrypt=1
Save an restart your OS.
If you still have the issue of slow connexion, then try instructions on step 2.
2- Second Method:
This method involves forcing iwlagn to not use n, the commands will disable n on the device without making it a permanant change, check first if this work for you, if you notice that the speed improved then continue to make the change permanant. If this solution didn`t work for you, then reboot your computer to revert the chnages.
sudo rmmod -f iwlagn sudo modprobe iwlagn 11n_disable=1
If you notice that the wifi speed improved, then make the change permanent :
gksudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/iwlagn-disable11n.conf
and add this line to the file:
options iwlagn 11n_disable=1
save & quit
3- Third method to resolve the slow connexion issue: You need to disactivate IPv6, to do that, open terminal and enter the following commands:
echo "#disable ipv6" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf echo "net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf echo "net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf echo "net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf
Then restart your system.
Please report if the solution discribed in this post worked for you by commenting this post. Thanks for your help.
1 &2 Via | lffl
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .