Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Resolve slow connexion when using wifi in ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail, 12.04 and LinuxMint13
Updated-30/04/2013: If after installing or upgrading to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail. or to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangoline, if you noticed a slow connexion when using the wifi, this is a simple solution. This solution works also for LinuxMint13 and above.
1- First Method:
A second The first solution for the slow connexion issue can be by using the following :
Open terminal and enter the following command:
sudo -s gksu gedit /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf
at the end of the file add this:
options ath9k nohwcrypt=1
Save an restart your OS.
If you still have the issue of slow connexion, then try instructions on step 2.
2- Second Method:
This method involves forcing iwlagn to not use n, the commands will disable n on the device without making it a permanant change, check first if this work for you, if you notice that the speed improved then continue to make the change permanant. If this solution didn`t work for you, then reboot your computer to revert the chnages.
sudo rmmod -f iwlagn sudo modprobe iwlagn 11n_disable=1
If you notice that the wifi speed improved, then make the change permanent :
gksudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/iwlagn-disable11n.conf
and add this line to the file:
options iwlagn 11n_disable=1
save & quit
3- Third method to resolve the slow connexion issue: You need to disactivate IPv6, to do that, open terminal and enter the following commands:
echo "#disable ipv6" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf echo "net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf echo "net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf echo "net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf
Then restart your system.
Please report if the solution discribed in this post worked for you by commenting this post. Thanks for your help.
1 &2 Via | lffl
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Automatically change the Desktop wallpaper using Variety on Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- How to find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup server using rsnapshot on RHEL / CentOS / Ubuntu / Debian
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .