Resolve slow connexion when using wifi in ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander , 13.04 and LinuxMint13
Updated-14/10/2013: If after installing or upgrading to ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander. if you noticed a slow connexion when using the wifi, this is a simple solution. This solution works also for LinuxMint13 and above.
1- First Method:
A second The first solution for the slow connexion issue can be by using the following :
Open terminal and enter the following command:
sudo -s gksu gedit /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf
at the end of the file add this:
options ath9k nohwcrypt=1
Save an restart your OS.
If you still have the issue of slow connexion, then try instructions on step 2.
2- Second Method:
This method involves forcing iwlagn to not use n, the commands will disable n on the device without making it a permanant change, check first if this work for you, if you notice that the speed improved then continue to make the change permanant. If this solution didn`t work for you, then reboot your computer to revert the chnages.
sudo rmmod -f iwlagn sudo modprobe iwlagn 11n_disable=1
If you notice that the wifi speed improved, then make the change permanent :
gksudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/iwlagn-disable11n.conf
and add this line to the file:
options iwlagn 11n_disable=1
save & quit
3- Third method to resolve the slow connexion issue: You need to disactivate IPv6, to do that, open terminal and enter the following commands:
echo "#disable ipv6" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf echo "net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf echo "net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf echo "net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf
Then restart your system.
Please report if the solution discribed in this post worked for you by commenting this post. Thanks for your help.
1 &2 Via | lffl
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .