Power Off comes back in GNOME
Democracy always wins!! It took almost two years for GNOME Developers to release that the majority of users were unhappy with the Suspend option instead of the standard Power Off.
So it is time to make the things right – or not?
Alternative Status Menu is the most popular extension on extensions.gnome.org, and now is useless. Well, if I was this extension developer I would be very agree about it !!
It would be really funny if Alternative Status Menu extension would set as default the Suspend option instead of Power Off and be again the most popular extension :)
When GNOME developers decided to implement this functionality, they did it coz they thought that GNOME would be running on small touchscreen devices that suspending has more meaning than shutting down. And here we are, 2 years later with GNOME not be anywhere near to “touch”. Who can predict the future anyway ?
Technically those are minor changes, but people will love us anyway:
- change the default of the <alt>ernative to “Power Off”
- remove “Online Accounts” item
- regroup the remaining items
- remove ellipses from labels
I am not quite sure, but I guess we will see that on upcoming 3.6.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...1 comment |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .