PlayOnLinux 4.0.16 now can start exe from terminal, support for Desura and more
PlayOnLinux 4.0.16 has been released, the new release comes with some exciting now features, improvements and bug fix. PlayonLinux can now start an executable from the terminal (Exp: playonlinux file.exe), added support support for Desura, easy access to the virtual disks right from your home directory and more.
What`s new in Playonlinux4.0.16?
– everything that happens to virtual disks is logged to simplify Wine debugging
– automatic management of Gecko installation
– PlayOnLinux can start an executable from the terminal
– easy access to the virtual disks right from your home directory
– check if your videocard is correctly setup
– support for Desura and Origins
– possibility to break out of a stuck installation processes
– Coloring of terminal output
– Wine crashes detection
– No more “winemenubuilder not found” messages
– PlayOnMac starts XQuartz on its own, fixing a bug experienced by many people
– and many bugfixes
PlayOnLinux is a piece of software which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and apps designed to run with Microsoft® Windows®.
Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings a cost-free, accessible and efficient solution to this problem.
Installation in Ubuntu 11.10 and LinuxMint12:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
wget -q "http://deb.playonlinux.com/public.gpg" -O- | sudo apt-key add - sudo wget http://deb.playonlinux.com/playonlinux_oneiric.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/playonlinux.list sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install playonlinux
For other Linux distribtion, follow instruction on PlayOnLinux download page
And is done.