Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
PlayOnLinux 4.0.16 now can start exe from terminal, support for Desura and more
PlayOnLinux 4.0.16 has been released, the new release comes with some exciting now features, improvements and bug fix. PlayonLinux can now start an executable from the terminal (Exp: playonlinux file.exe), added support support for Desura, easy access to the virtual disks right from your home directory and more.
What`s new in Playonlinux4.0.16?
- everything that happens to virtual disks is logged to simplify Wine debugging
- automatic management of Gecko installation
- PlayOnLinux can start an executable from the terminal
- easy access to the virtual disks right from your home directory
- check if your videocard is correctly setup
- support for Desura and Origins
- possibility to break out of a stuck installation processes
- Coloring of terminal output
- Wine crashes detection
- No more “winemenubuilder not found” messages
- PlayOnMac starts XQuartz on its own, fixing a bug experienced by many people
- and many bugfixes
PlayOnLinux is a piece of software which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and apps designed to run with Microsoft® Windows®.
Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings a cost-free, accessible and efficient solution to this problem.
Installation in Ubuntu 11.10 and LinuxMint12:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
wget -q "http://deb.playonlinux.com/public.gpg" -O- | sudo apt-key add - sudo wget http://deb.playonlinux.com/playonlinux_oneiric.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/playonlinux.list sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install playonlinux
For other Linux distribtion, follow instruction on PlayOnLinux download page
And is done.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .