Pidgin 2.8.0 is out , Install via PPA (Ubuntu Mint)
Pidgin is a chat program which lets you log in to accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. Pidgin is compatible with the following chat networks out of the box: AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP, MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, QQ, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, MySpaceIM, and Zephyr.
The most features of this release :
- Implement simple silence suppression for voice calls, preventing wasted bandwidth for silent periods during a call.
– libpurple: Allow obtaining active local and remote candidates.
– libpurple: Allow getting/setting video capabilities.
– libpurple: Support new connection states in NetworkManager 0.9.
– Gadu-Gadu:Allow showing your status only to buddies.
– MXit: Support for an Invite Message when adding a buddy.
– MXit: New profile attributes added and shown.
– MXit: Added the ability to view and invite your Suggested Friends, and to search for contacts.
– XMPP: Remember the previously entered user directory when searching.
– Many other additions, changes and corrections.
To check more more about this change, Please check changelog Link
Installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
Open terminal and enter Unixmen PPA bellow:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:unixmen-com/pidgin sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pidgin
download this .deb file and install it – this will add the GetDeb repository -, then run an upgrade:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
For questions please refer to our Q/A forum at : http://ask.unixmen.com/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .