Pidgin 2.8.0 is out , Install via PPA (Ubuntu Mint)
Pidgin is a chat program which lets you log in to accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. Pidgin is compatible with the following chat networks out of the box: AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP, MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, QQ, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, MySpaceIM, and Zephyr.
The most features of this release :
- Implement simple silence suppression for voice calls, preventing wasted bandwidth for silent periods during a call.
– libpurple: Allow obtaining active local and remote candidates.
– libpurple: Allow getting/setting video capabilities.
– libpurple: Support new connection states in NetworkManager 0.9.
– Gadu-Gadu:Allow showing your status only to buddies.
– MXit: Support for an Invite Message when adding a buddy.
– MXit: New profile attributes added and shown.
– MXit: Added the ability to view and invite your Suggested Friends, and to search for contacts.
– XMPP: Remember the previously entered user directory when searching.
– Many other additions, changes and corrections.
To check more more about this change, Please check changelog Link
Installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
Open terminal and enter Unixmen PPA bellow:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:unixmen-com/pidgin sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pidgin
download this .deb file and install it – this will add the GetDeb repository -, then run an upgrade:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
For questions please refer to our Q/A forum at : http://ask.unixmen.com/
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .