phpIPAM: A Web Based IP Address Mangement System
- IPv4 / IPv6 address management
- Domain authentication (AD) / OpenLDAP authentication
- Per-group permissions
- Multiple level of nested subnets
- Visual subnet display
- IPv4 / IPv6 address calculator
- VRF support
- VLAN management
- Device management
- RIPE import
- Import / export XLS files
- User management
- E-Mail notification with IP details
- IP database search
- IP request module
- IP range adding / editing / deleting
- Custom IP/subnet/userVLAN address fields
Install phpIPAM On CentOS 6.4
I tested this how-to on CentOS 6.4, although it will work on all RHEL based distros. If you are using Debian/Ubuntu based systems, you can find the official installation instructions for Debian here.
Your server should have installed and configured with Apache, MySQL and PHP(LAMP). Refer any one of the following links to setup LAMP server.
Install the following php modules.
# yum install php-common php-pear php-mysql php-ldap
Adjust Firewall/Router Settings
Allow the apache default port “80″ through iptables/router. Edit file /etc/sysconfig/iptables,
# vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables
Add the following line.
-A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
Now restart the iptables service.
# /etc/init.d/iptables restart
Download the latest version of phpIPAM here or enter the following command to download it from your terminal.
# wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpipam/files/phpipam-0.8.tar
Extract it and move to your web root folder.
# tar -xvf phpipam-0.8.tar # mv phpipam/ /var/www/html/phpipam
Open up the config.php file in any editor.
# nano /var/www/html/phpipam/config.php
Add the mysql database name, user and password etc that you’ve created earlier. Here my database name is phpipam, database user is phpipam and user password is centos. Replace the values with your own.
/* database connection details ******************************/ $db['host'] = "localhost"; $db['user'] = "phpipam"; $db['pass'] = "centos"; $db['name'] = "phpipam"; /**
Set the rewrite base as shown below.
This means that we can access the phpipam console with URL “http://domain-name/phpipam.
Save and close the file.
Now edit file “.htaccess”,
# nano /var/www/html/phpipam/.htaccess
Set rewrite base path.
# change rewrite base if not in root RewriteBase /phpipam/
Save and close the file.
Apache Mod rewrite Configuration
Edit the default apache config file /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.
# nano /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
Find the line AllowOverride none to AllowOverride All as shown below.
<Directory /> Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride All </Directory>
Save and close. Restart apache service.
# service httpd restart
Enter http://domain-name/phpipam or http://ip-address/phpipam in your browser address bar.
The following screen should appear. Enter the mysql database user name and password to create new database for phpipam.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .