phpIPAM: A Web Based IP Address Mangement System
- IPv4 / IPv6 address management
- Domain authentication (AD) / OpenLDAP authentication
- Per-group permissions
- Multiple level of nested subnets
- Visual subnet display
- IPv4 / IPv6 address calculator
- VRF support
- VLAN management
- Device management
- RIPE import
- Import / export XLS files
- User management
- E-Mail notification with IP details
- IP database search
- IP request module
- IP range adding / editing / deleting
- Custom IP/subnet/userVLAN address fields
Install phpIPAM On CentOS 6.4
I tested this how-to on CentOS 6.4, although it will work on all RHEL based distros. If you are using Debian/Ubuntu based systems, you can find the official installation instructions for Debian here.
Your server should have installed and configured with Apache, MySQL and PHP(LAMP). Refer any one of the following links to setup LAMP server.
Install the following php modules.
# yum install php-common php-pear php-mysql php-ldap
Adjust Firewall/Router Settings
Allow the apache default port “80″ through iptables/router. Edit file /etc/sysconfig/iptables,
# vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables
Add the following line.
-A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
Now restart the iptables service.
# /etc/init.d/iptables restart
Download the latest version of phpIPAM here or enter the following command to download it from your terminal.
# wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpipam/files/phpipam-0.8.tar
Extract it and move to your web root folder.
# tar -xvf phpipam-0.8.tar # mv phpipam/ /var/www/html/phpipam
Open up the config.php file in any editor.
# nano /var/www/html/phpipam/config.php
Add the mysql database name, user and password etc that you’ve created earlier. Here my database name is phpipam, database user is phpipam and user password is centos. Replace the values with your own.
/* database connection details ******************************/ $db['host'] = "localhost"; $db['user'] = "phpipam"; $db['pass'] = "centos"; $db['name'] = "phpipam"; /**
Set the rewrite base as shown below.
This means that we can access the phpipam console with URL “http://domain-name/phpipam.
Save and close the file.
Now edit file “.htaccess”,
# nano /var/www/html/phpipam/.htaccess
Set rewrite base path.
# change rewrite base if not in root RewriteBase /phpipam/
Save and close the file.
Apache Mod rewrite Configuration
Edit the default apache config file /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.
# nano /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
Find the line AllowOverride none to AllowOverride All as shown below.
<Directory /> Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride All </Directory>
Save and close. Restart apache service.
# service httpd restart
Enter http://domain-name/phpipam or http://ip-address/phpipam in your browser address bar.
The following screen should appear. Enter the mysql database user name and password to create new database for phpipam.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .