NVIDIA 304.64 is finally out fixing number of issues and bugs. The posts introduces you to its new features and details installation instructions.
According to NVIDIA, they have fixed a number of issues in their latest release i.e. 304.64. The website details these new features:
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- Fixed a regression in backlight control functionality on some notebook configurations.
- Fixed a performance issue with recent Linux kernels when allocating and freeing system memory.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the display device / X screen selection menu from being displayed in nvidia-settings.
- Fixed a bug that prevented X driver gamma manipulation from working after a VT-switch on some configurations.
- Added the option “–output-file” to nvidia-bug-report.sh to allow specifying a custom filename for the log file.
- Fixed a hang when using OpenGL programs with some SLI Mosaic configurations on pre-Fermi GPUs.
- Added sections to the “Supported NVIDIA GPU Products” list for NVS, Tesla, and VGX products.
Bleeding-edge (latest and maybe unstable)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install packagename
Latest but stable enough
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-current
Other distros should use the *.run file. Follow the instructions bellow:
1- First download the driver :
2- Cd the directory where you downloaded the file, in my case :
3- Now open terminal and run the following command:
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-304.64.run
4- Then follow the installation instructions. Activate the new driver and Reboot your system.
If you encounter any problem during installation, please ask for help in our ask a question Forum.