Nvidia 304.60 has been released, the new release comes with some new features, improvements and bug fixes.
What`s new in Nvidia 304.60?
– Fixed a bug that caused the X server to crash if a display was put into DPMS off mode and subsequently reenabled while screen transformations are in use.
– Fixed a bug that caused the X Resize and Rotate extension to be enabled when Xinerama is enabled. These two X extensions are incompatible and having them both enabled can confuse window managers such as KDE’s kwin. RandR is now correctly disabled when Xinerama is enabled.
– Fixed a bug causing OpenGL stereo applications to not work properly when using passive stereo modes 5 through 9 on Quadro Fermi and newer GPUs.
– Updated nvidia-settings to report Dedicated GPU Memory (i.e., the memory dedicated exclusively to the GPU) and Total GPU Memory (i.e., Dedicated GPU Memory plus any TurboCache(TM)-accessible system memory) separately on the GPU information page.
– Added reporting of the current utilization of Dedicated GPU Memory to the GPU information page of nvidia-settings.
– Added support for the “Backlight” RandR output property for configuring the brightness of some notebook internal panels.
– Fixed a bug that prevented the Ubuntu Unity launcher panel from unhiding: https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1057000
– Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-installer to sometimes attempt to write a log file in a nonexistent directory.
– Fixed a bug that caused incorrect input transformation after resizing an NVIDIA X screen with xserver ABI 12 (xorg-server 1.12) or newer.
– Fixed a bug that caused GLX to leak memory when Xinerama is enabled.
Bleeding-edge (latest and maybe unstable)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install packagename
Latest but stable enough
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-current
Other distros should use the *.run file. Follow the instructions bellow:
1- First download the driver :
2- Cd the directory where you downloaded the file, in my case :
3- Now open terminal and run the following command:
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-304.60.run
4- Then follow the installation instructions. Activate the new driver and Reboot your system.
If you encounter any problem during installation, please ask for help in our ask a question Forum.