Nvidia 304.51 drivers released
Yesterday was released Nvidia 304.51, the new release comes with many bug fixes rather than new features or significant improvements. Simply put, 304.51 driver is the stable version of the 304.48 beta.
Added support for the new Quadro Sync board for Quadro Kepler GPUs. See the “Configuring Frame Lock and Genlock” chapter in the README for details.
Fixed an X server crash on X.Org xserver 1.13 when it is compiled without support for DRI2.
Fixed a regression that broke color controls on older X servers.
Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the display layout area of the nvidia-settings control panel to be laid out incorrectly.
Fixed a bug that prevented panning from working correctly after a modeswitch on some X servers with support for cursor constraining.
Gamma ramp and colormap adjustments now apply correctly when screen transformations such as rotation and keystone correction are in use.
Fixed RandR per-CRTC gamma persistence across modeswitches and VT-switches.
Fixed a bug that caused the X server to sometimes hang in response to input events.
Fixed a reduction in rendering performance for core X11 rendering on certain GPUs that occurred in the 290.series of releases.
Fixed a bug that prevented PowerMizer from working correctly on some boards with GDDR5 memory, such as some GeForce GT 240 SKUs.
Fixed a bug that caused OpenGL applications to not animate properly when a rotation or a transformation was applied on some older X server versions.
Enabled FXAA with Unified Back Buffers.
Fixed a bug that prevented the “Reset Hardware Defaults” button in the Display Settings page of nvidia-settings from being activated.
Installation of Nividia 304.51 in Ubuntu 12.04, LinuxMint13, Fedora 17 and other Linux distros:
Ubuntu-wise you have 3 options to install 304.51
- 1. Using the automated script installation from UbuntuXtreme
- 2. Using the X-Swat (stable branch) or Xorg-Edgers (beta stuff) PPA
- 3. Using the nVIDIA installer, building the kernel module manually
First option here, is what I recommend to the beginners who are afraid to mess around with their system. This script will automatically insert the appropriate PPA, remove unnecessary and old packages, install and configure nVIDIA drivers properly. All you have to do is just run it: sudo ./nvidia*.sh
In this video you can see the script in action, installing the older 304.43 driver. If things turn bad, you have the option to go back into nouveau (open source).
Ubuntu and Mint
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings
For Debian Squeeze use the following script.
su chmod +x nvidia-installer-squeeze.sh ./nvidia-installer-squeeze.sh
Fedora and Others
First Download the driver from this link (32bit or 64bit),
cd the directory where you downloaded the file, in my case :
Now open terminal and run the following command:
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-304.51.run
Then follow the installation instructions.
Activate the new driver and Reboot.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .