Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Nvidia 302.17 has been released! Install in Ubuntu12.04, LinuxMint13, Fedora17
Few days ago was released Nvidia 302.17, the new release comes with many new features, improvements and bug fixes, some of the new added features we find a new option, –restore-original-backup, to nvidia-xconfig. nvidia-xconfig creates a backup of the original X configuration file when modifying an X configuration file that does not
appear to have been previously modified by nvidia-xconfig, Added support for desktop panning when rotation, reflection, or transformation is applied to a display device, Added an “EDID” property to RandR 1.2 outputs, Added a new, higher resolution icon for nvidia-settings, Added X driver support for RandR 1.2 and RandR 1.3, Added the “nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder” X configuration option as a replacement for “TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder”, Added the “nvidiaXineramaInfo” X configuration option to report the layout of multiple display devices within an X screen. This is enabled by default, Added the “nvidiaXineramaInfoOverride” X configuration option as a replacement for “TwinViewXineramaInfoOverride”. for more info about this release check the release note in this link.
Installation of Nividia 302.17 in Ubuntu12.04, LinuxMint13, Fedora 17 and other Linux distros:
- For Ubuntu12.04/ 12.10 and LinuxMint13 use the following PPA:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings
- For Debian Squeeze use the following script.
- For other Linux distributions, follow these instructions:
cd the directory where you downloaded the file, in my case :
Now open terminal and run the following command:
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-302.17.run
Then follow the installation instructions.
Activate the new driver and Reboot.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .