Nvidia 302.17 has been released! Install in Ubuntu12.04, LinuxMint13, Fedora17
Few days ago was released Nvidia 302.17, the new release comes with many new features, improvements and bug fixes, some of the new added features we find a new option, –restore-original-backup, to nvidia-xconfig. nvidia-xconfig creates a backup of the original X configuration file when modifying an X configuration file that does not
appear to have been previously modified by nvidia-xconfig, Added support for desktop panning when rotation, reflection, or transformation is applied to a display device, Added an “EDID” property to RandR 1.2 outputs, Added a new, higher resolution icon for nvidia-settings, Added X driver support for RandR 1.2 and RandR 1.3, Added the “nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder” X configuration option as a replacement for “TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder”, Added the “nvidiaXineramaInfo” X configuration option to report the layout of multiple display devices within an X screen. This is enabled by default, Added the “nvidiaXineramaInfoOverride” X configuration option as a replacement for “TwinViewXineramaInfoOverride”. for more info about this release check the release note in this link.
Installation of Nividia 302.17 in Ubuntu12.04, LinuxMint13, Fedora 17 and other Linux distros:
- For Ubuntu12.04/ 12.10 and LinuxMint13 use the following PPA:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings
- For Debian Squeeze use the following script.
- For other Linux distributions, follow these instructions:
cd the directory where you downloaded the file, in my case :
Now open terminal and run the following command:
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-302.17.run
Then follow the installation instructions.
Activate the new driver and Reboot.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .