Nvidia 302.17 has been released! Install in Ubuntu12.04, LinuxMint13, Fedora17
Few days ago was released Nvidia 302.17, the new release comes with many new features, improvements and bug fixes, some of the new added features we find a new option, –restore-original-backup, to nvidia-xconfig. nvidia-xconfig creates a backup of the original X configuration file when modifying an X configuration file that does not
appear to have been previously modified by nvidia-xconfig, Added support for desktop panning when rotation, reflection, or transformation is applied to a display device, Added an “EDID” property to RandR 1.2 outputs, Added a new, higher resolution icon for nvidia-settings, Added X driver support for RandR 1.2 and RandR 1.3, Added the “nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder” X configuration option as a replacement for “TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder”, Added the “nvidiaXineramaInfo” X configuration option to report the layout of multiple display devices within an X screen. This is enabled by default, Added the “nvidiaXineramaInfoOverride” X configuration option as a replacement for “TwinViewXineramaInfoOverride”. for more info about this release check the release note in this link.
Installation of Nividia 302.17 in Ubuntu12.04, LinuxMint13, Fedora 17 and other Linux distros:
- For Ubuntu12.04/ 12.10 and LinuxMint13 use the following PPA:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings
- For Debian Squeeze use the following script.
- For other Linux distributions, follow these instructions:
cd the directory where you downloaded the file, in my case :
Now open terminal and run the following command:
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-302.17.run
Then follow the installation instructions.
Activate the new driver and Reboot.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .