NVIDIA 275.21 has been released! PPA and Installation instructions included
Nvidia 275.21 has been released. Version 275.21 adds support for GeForce 540M and also fixes a handful of problems. The full changelog for this release is as follows:
- Restored the release splash screen in the NVIDIA X driver (the beta splash screen was accidentally reenabled between 275.09.07 and 275.19).
- Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-settings to crash when configuring multiple X screens after all monitors were unplugged from one of the X screens.
- Fixed a bug in nvidia-settings that caused the display configuration page to show extra disabled displays after connecting a new monitor.
- Added X configuration options “3DVisionProHwButtonPairing”, “3DVisionProHwSinglePairingTimeout”, “3DVisionProHwMultiPairingTimeout”, and “3DVisionProHwDoubleClickThreshold” to configure hardware button based pairing in NVIDIA 3D Vision Pro. See “Appendix B. X Config Options” in the README for more information.
- Fixed a bug that prevented initialization of the NVIDIA 3D Vision or NVIDIA 3D Vision Pro hub if no EDID was present.
This driver will only works for Geforce 6 series and above
I Installation in Ubuntu via PPA
- Open terminal and copy the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-current-modaliases nvidia-settings
- Now go to Menu System–>Administration–>Additional Drivers and activate the current Nvidia driver.
- Reboot your computer.
II Manual Installation :
- First Download the driver from the download links bellow (32bit or 64bit),
- cd the directory where you downloaded the file, in my case :
- Now open terminal and run the following command:
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-275.21.run
Then follow the installation instructions.
- Activate the new driver and Reboot.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .