NVIDIA 275.21 has been released! PPA and Installation instructions included
Nvidia 275.21 has been released. Version 275.21 adds support for GeForce 540M and also fixes a handful of problems. The full changelog for this release is as follows:
- Restored the release splash screen in the NVIDIA X driver (the beta splash screen was accidentally reenabled between 275.09.07 and 275.19).
- Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-settings to crash when configuring multiple X screens after all monitors were unplugged from one of the X screens.
- Fixed a bug in nvidia-settings that caused the display configuration page to show extra disabled displays after connecting a new monitor.
- Added X configuration options “3DVisionProHwButtonPairing”, “3DVisionProHwSinglePairingTimeout”, “3DVisionProHwMultiPairingTimeout”, and “3DVisionProHwDoubleClickThreshold” to configure hardware button based pairing in NVIDIA 3D Vision Pro. See “Appendix B. X Config Options” in the README for more information.
- Fixed a bug that prevented initialization of the NVIDIA 3D Vision or NVIDIA 3D Vision Pro hub if no EDID was present.
This driver will only works for Geforce 6 series and above
I Installation in Ubuntu via PPA
- Open terminal and copy the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-current-modaliases nvidia-settings
- Now go to Menu System–>Administration–>Additional Drivers and activate the current Nvidia driver.
- Reboot your computer.
II Manual Installation :
- First Download the driver from the download links bellow (32bit or 64bit),
- cd the directory where you downloaded the file, in my case :
- Now open terminal and run the following command:
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-275.21.run
Then follow the installation instructions.
- Activate the new driver and Reboot.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...1 comment |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .