Mosh – An Alternative To SSH
Mosh is a better replacement for SSH. It’s more robust and responsive, especially over Wi-Fi, cellular, and long-distance links. It is available almost for all GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Android.
Why Mosh instead of SSH?
1. It always stays connected even your ip is changed.
2. Suppose if you lose internet connection or put your system in sleep mode and wake it up later, Mosh resumes the connection with your network machine when your network comes back.
3. You don’t need to be a superuser to install or run Mosh.
4. Mosh doesn’t listen on network ports or authenticate users. The mosh client logs in to the server via SSH, and users present the same credentials (e.g., password, public key) as before.
5. It runs inside your Terminal such as xterm, gnome-terminal, urxvt, Terminal.app, iTerm, emacs, screen, or tmux.
6. Unlike SSH Mosh doesn’t fill up network buffers, so Control-C always works to halt a runaway process. Suppose if you requested a 200MB file instead of 100MB, you can stop it immediately by pressing CTRL+C.
7. Mosh get rid of all network lag. If your remote connection is slow, it gives an instant response to typing, deleting, and line editing.
$ sudo apt-get install python-software-properties $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:keithw/mosh $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install mosh
On Debian 6 or later:
$ sudo apt-get install mosh
You need to enable EPEL or RepoForge repository in order to install Mosh.
# yum install mosh
On Fedora 15 or later:
$ sudo yum install mosh
On OpenSUSE 12.3 or later:
$ sudo zypper in mosh
# pacman -S mosh
# portmaster net/mosh
Just like SSH, you can connect to your remote system with command:
$ mosh email@example.com
The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software; the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright. Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by applicable law. root@server:~#
Here 192.168.1.200 is my debian 7 wheezy server ip address.
Now you will able to connect to your remote system.