Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Medibuntu repositories available for Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail | PPA
Updated: 19-04-2013 : Medibuntu is a packaging project dedicated to distributing software that cannot be included in Ubuntu for various reasons, related to geographical variations in legislation regarding intellectual property, security and other issues, some examples of packages included in Medibuntu we find libdvdcss package from VideoLAN, FFMpeg codecs not supported in multiverse, and the external binary codecs package (commonly known as w32codecs) used by MPlayer and xine.
Medibuntu repositories are available for Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu and LinuxMint for both 32 and 64 bit.
Install Medibuntu on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.04 and 12.10:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo -E wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list && sudo apt-get --quiet update && sudo apt-get --yes --quiet --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get --quiet update
Medibuntu’s repository get deactivated when upgrading to a newer Ubuntu release, so if you had Medibuntu installed On ubuntu 11.10 before, you should use the commands above to install it again in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
Now if you want to add medibuntu packages to Ubuntu software center, you need to enter the command bellow:
The first (APP-INSTALL-DATA-MEDIBUNTU) will cause many apps from the Medibuntu repository to appear in Ubuntu Software Center (Ubuntu 9.10+).
- The second will allow users to generate crash reports against Medibuntu packages and submit them to the Medibuntu bugtracker
sudo apt-get install app-install-data-medibuntu apport-hooks-medibuntu
For installation instructions in details via GUI and for previous released of Ubuntu, please check our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...2 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .