LÖVE, A Framework For Making 2D Games In Lua
Are you in game development field? Are you looking for a free open source 2d game creator? Ok, let me introduce you guys to LÖVE. What is it? Easy guys, it has nothing to do with love, it is a framework which you can use to create 2D games in Lua. Lua is a cross platform programming language designed as a scripting language with “extensible semantics” as a primary goal.
This awesome framework is free, open source and multi-platform. Another good thing about this game development framework is that it be can used freely for any purpose — including commercial ones. LÖVE is licensed under the liberal zlib/libpng license. You can use LÖVE to create open-source projects or closed-source commercial ones. You guys know that we are here to support open source movement and open source projects, so do not be ‘evil’, do not start closed-source projects! Just kidding, do what you like, but keep in mind that open source is the future.
Do you need to learn Lua in order to create 2D games with the LÖVE framework? Yes, you need. If you are new to Lua and never used it before, don’t worry, it is a very cool language and I like it. Here is a list of good resources for Lua programming language.
Some interesting places to learn LÖVE:
love (The module)
Read more about LÖVE here and spread the Love.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .