LÖVE, A Framework For Making 2D Games In Lua
Are you in game development field? Are you looking for a free open source 2d game creator? Ok, let me introduce you guys to LÖVE. What is it? Easy guys, it has nothing to do with love, it is a framework which you can use to create 2D games in Lua. Lua is a cross platform programming language designed as a scripting language with “extensible semantics” as a primary goal.
This awesome framework is free, open source and multi-platform. Another good thing about this game development framework is that it be can used freely for any purpose — including commercial ones. LÖVE is licensed under the liberal zlib/libpng license. You can use LÖVE to create open-source projects or closed-source commercial ones. You guys know that we are here to support open source movement and open source projects, so do not be ‘evil’, do not start closed-source projects! Just kidding, do what you like, but keep in mind that open source is the future.
Do you need to learn Lua in order to create 2D games with the LÖVE framework? Yes, you need. If you are new to Lua and never used it before, don’t worry, it is a very cool language and I like it. Here is a list of good resources for Lua programming language.
Some interesting places to learn LÖVE:
love (The module)
Read more about LÖVE here and spread the Love.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .