Linux OS updated with the PCLinuxOS 2011.6
Few days ago PCLinuxOS 2011.6 was released, PCLinux OS distro is generally regarded as a very user-friendly Linux distribution that has great innovative product features for popular graphics, sound cards and most of the peripheral devices.
PCLinux OS comes with KDE Plasma Desktop and is a distribution meant for PC use. To quote its packager, Bill Reynolds, the PCLinuxOS came out of the PCLinuxOnline shadows just so that he “could provide an outlet for [his] crazy desire to package source code without having to deal with egos, arrogance and politics.”
The PCLinuxOS 2011.6 features
It is available as a bootable live CD and comes with a graphic installer. Besides, it is very popular for the range of plugins it provides, for browsers, applications as well as multimedia playback. Coupled with an excellent intuitive configuration system it comes with package management capability with Synaptic. It allows language addition through the Addlocale Getopenoffice will install OpenOffice.org and MyliveCD will enable live CD with customized features.
This version updates the beginner-friendly use. The PCLinuxOS KDE 2011.6 is a 32-bit and 64-bit computer and is available for download here. The Linux kernel version is updated to 184.108.40.206. More kernels too can be found at repositories such as PAE kernel for computers where memory is greater than 4 GB. A BFS kernel has a maximum desktop performance, while the standard kernel allows group scheduling. X.Org server is available as version 1.10.2 and Mesa is updated to 7.10.3 and libdrm to version 2.4.26. There is greater enhancement to PCLinuxOS desktop for speed, 3D desktop support on Intel, NVIDIA, AMD/ATI video cards.
What comes with the 2011.6
This time around the installer itself is improved, is faster, looks better and seems to work better on small resolution netbooks. It is compatible on unetbootin so you can quickly convert the ISO distribution to USB stick, which can be booted. Though, the wallpaper is new, the sound effects seem more interesting.
To save the LiveCD size, the LibreOFfcie doesnot come with the base distribution but clicking on the LibreOffice Manger icon, which is a default on the desktop will install LibreOffice. First up at the installation, the screen resolution seems to be running into either low resolution or only parts of screen being used.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...2 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .