Linux Mint 10 KDE RC released! With screenshots Tour
LinuMint10 KDE RC is released, this release comes with many new features and system improvements. LinuxMint 10 KDE RC features latest and recently released KDE 4.6, the menu was switched to Lancelot, the Software Manager got a better categorization of software and the use of application icons. For the update manager, added possibility of ignoring updates for a particular package by simply right clicking on the package and tell the Update Manager to ignore updates for this package.
Adobe Flash: Linux Mint comes with the latest Adobe Flash “Square”, running in full 32-bit or 64-bit (depending on your edition of Linux Mint) native mode. This plugin is faster than its predecessor, especially in full-screen.
Oracle Virtualbox: A new metapackage called “virtualbox-nonfree” was introduced. This package points to the non-open-source version of Virtualbox and provides USB support.
Signed repositories: No more warning is given for the usage of signed repositories. Using unsigned repositories no longer issues a warning but a validation question.
Highlight: The “highlight” command, used by “apt” is now faster and more reliable.
Adjustment system: The mintsystem adjustment system is now LSB compliant.
Changes in the default selection: Songbird, dansguardian and dragonplayer were removed. Python-rsvg, htop, choqok, moc, kmymoney, ofx, gimp, kftpgrabber, b43-fwcutter, linux-wlan-ng, linux-wlan-ng-doc, setserial and sl-modem-daemon were added.
Download LinuxMint via Torrent:
Screenshots Tour for LinuxMint10 KDE RC
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .