Lilly Looking Through | Friday Game
While I was downloading the point n click adventure game called Lilly Looking Through, I checked the people behind this independent project and saw a guy who worked for the Myst series, an animator and a music composer.
Well…the first thing that came into my mind was that this game will probably be something like Samorost, or Machinarium. Not that I don’t like these two fantastic Amanita Design creations, but I wanted to see something different that comes from the heart of the creators, and I did…
Although the game is not finished yet, and the available demo is just 10-15 minutes of gameplay, I can tell you this game will really stimulate your feelings. Even from the very first screen, the creators achieve to integrate you into a childish innocent atmosphere through a short “Lilly playing with a frog” scene. The painted world you’re into, is somewhat melancholic but very beautifully designed, and also provides the correct tone in order to emphasize the contrast between it and the playful vitality of Lilly and her brother.
The gameplay is quite simple. You have to hover your mouse to find what you can touch, interact with, or where you can go to. You may find this a bit too easy as the next steps more or less “reveal” themselves, but soon you will have to face a puzzle that requires imagination to solve. I can’t say more about the difficulty and the depth of the puzzles as the demo was pretty short…
The story is what left me with the desire to play the full version of this game, and particularly what happens at the end of the demo. Lilly finds a pair of goggles that allows her to “look through” a parallel world that seems to be somekind of a world from the past where everything was clean and shiny, in contrast with the present world where dirt, plants and filth has replaced the glory. These goggles allow Lilly to switch between the two worlds and overcome obstacles that are present only in one of them. I found this very promising and depth ensuring.
We can not fully evaluate the effort of the Geetagames with their latest creation just yet, but I truly recommend you to download the demo and play Lilly Looking Through this weekend, in order to feel the atmosphere of this game. I am sure we are about to witness another memorable story soon…
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .