Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Lilly Looking Through | Friday Game
While I was downloading the point n click adventure game called Lilly Looking Through, I checked the people behind this independent project and saw a guy who worked for the Myst series, an animator and a music composer.
Well…the first thing that came into my mind was that this game will probably be something like Samorost, or Machinarium. Not that I don’t like these two fantastic Amanita Design creations, but I wanted to see something different that comes from the heart of the creators, and I did…
Although the game is not finished yet, and the available demo is just 10-15 minutes of gameplay, I can tell you this game will really stimulate your feelings. Even from the very first screen, the creators achieve to integrate you into a childish innocent atmosphere through a short “Lilly playing with a frog” scene. The painted world you’re into, is somewhat melancholic but very beautifully designed, and also provides the correct tone in order to emphasize the contrast between it and the playful vitality of Lilly and her brother.
The gameplay is quite simple. You have to hover your mouse to find what you can touch, interact with, or where you can go to. You may find this a bit too easy as the next steps more or less “reveal” themselves, but soon you will have to face a puzzle that requires imagination to solve. I can’t say more about the difficulty and the depth of the puzzles as the demo was pretty short…
The story is what left me with the desire to play the full version of this game, and particularly what happens at the end of the demo. Lilly finds a pair of goggles that allows her to “look through” a parallel world that seems to be somekind of a world from the past where everything was clean and shiny, in contrast with the present world where dirt, plants and filth has replaced the glory. These goggles allow Lilly to switch between the two worlds and overcome obstacles that are present only in one of them. I found this very promising and depth ensuring.
We can not fully evaluate the effort of the Geetagames with their latest creation just yet, but I truly recommend you to download the demo and play Lilly Looking Through this weekend, in order to feel the atmosphere of this game. I am sure we are about to witness another memorable story soon…
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .