Lilly Looking Through | Friday Game
While I was downloading the point n click adventure game called Lilly Looking Through, I checked the people behind this independent project and saw a guy who worked for the Myst series, an animator and a music composer.
Well…the first thing that came into my mind was that this game will probably be something like Samorost, or Machinarium. Not that I don’t like these two fantastic Amanita Design creations, but I wanted to see something different that comes from the heart of the creators, and I did…
Although the game is not finished yet, and the available demo is just 10-15 minutes of gameplay, I can tell you this game will really stimulate your feelings. Even from the very first screen, the creators achieve to integrate you into a childish innocent atmosphere through a short “Lilly playing with a frog” scene. The painted world you’re into, is somewhat melancholic but very beautifully designed, and also provides the correct tone in order to emphasize the contrast between it and the playful vitality of Lilly and her brother.
The gameplay is quite simple. You have to hover your mouse to find what you can touch, interact with, or where you can go to. You may find this a bit too easy as the next steps more or less “reveal” themselves, but soon you will have to face a puzzle that requires imagination to solve. I can’t say more about the difficulty and the depth of the puzzles as the demo was pretty short…
The story is what left me with the desire to play the full version of this game, and particularly what happens at the end of the demo. Lilly finds a pair of goggles that allows her to “look through” a parallel world that seems to be somekind of a world from the past where everything was clean and shiny, in contrast with the present world where dirt, plants and filth has replaced the glory. These goggles allow Lilly to switch between the two worlds and overcome obstacles that are present only in one of them. I found this very promising and depth ensuring.
We can not fully evaluate the effort of the Geetagames with their latest creation just yet, but I truly recommend you to download the demo and play Lilly Looking Through this weekend, in order to feel the atmosphere of this game. I am sure we are about to witness another memorable story soon…
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .