Lightspark- A good alternative to adobe Flash player| PPA Ubuntu, Fedora RPM
The decision of adobe and google to allow Flash player only on google chrome browser via the “Pepper” API flash plugin, pose a real problem to users of Firefox, opera and other small browsers. Hopefully, there are a good alternative to adobe flash player plugin that works like a charm, one of those is
Lightspark, an LGPLv3 licensed Flash player and browser plugin written in C++/C that runs on Linux. Lightspark support Adobe’s newer Flash formats and AVM2 virtual machine.
Installation of Lightspark on Ubuntu/ LinuxMint/ Fedora
- Lightspark on Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Lightspark is available in Ubuntu and LinuxMint repository and can be installed using the command:
sudo apt-get install lightspark browser-plugin-lightspark
If yo want to install to use the latest version of lightspark, use the following PPA for Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sparkers/daily sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install lightspark browser-plugin-lightspar
- Lightspark on Fedora:
lightspark is available in RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 and above, to install :
- Standalone player :
su -c ‘yum install lightspark –enablerepo=rpmfusion-free-updates-testing’
- Mozilla plugin :
su -c 'yum install lightspark-mozilla-plugin --enablerepo=rpmfusion-free-updates-testing'
And is done.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .