Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Lightspark- A good alternative to adobe Flash player| PPA Ubuntu, Fedora RPM
The decision of adobe and google to allow Flash player only on google chrome browser via the “Pepper” API flash plugin, pose a real problem to users of Firefox, opera and other small browsers. Hopefully, there are a good alternative to adobe flash player plugin that works like a charm, one of those is
Lightspark, an LGPLv3 licensed Flash player and browser plugin written in C++/C that runs on Linux. Lightspark support Adobe’s newer Flash formats and AVM2 virtual machine.
Installation of Lightspark on Ubuntu/ LinuxMint/ Fedora
- Lightspark on Ubuntu and LinuxMint
Lightspark is available in Ubuntu and LinuxMint repository and can be installed using the command:
sudo apt-get install lightspark browser-plugin-lightspark
If yo want to install to use the latest version of lightspark, use the following PPA for Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sparkers/daily sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install lightspark browser-plugin-lightspar
- Lightspark on Fedora:
lightspark is available in RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 and above, to install :
- Standalone player :
su -c ‘yum install lightspark –enablerepo=rpmfusion-free-updates-testing’
- Mozilla plugin :
su -c 'yum install lightspark-mozilla-plugin --enablerepo=rpmfusion-free-updates-testing'
And is done.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .