LibreOffice3.3.1 is released! With installation instructions
Announced today by the Document fundation the release of LibreOffice 3.3.1, this is an update release that comes to improve the stability of the software and eliminate crashes affecting the Windows version. LibreOffice 3.3.1 also brings new colorful icons based on The Document Foundation branding guidelines, and includes updates to several language versions.
Libre Office is a free power-packed Open Source personal productivity suite for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X offering you six feature-rich applications to assist you in document production, data processing and presentation of content.
Install LibreOffice 3.3.1:
Note that this release is bit-for-bit identical to the 3.3.1 Release Candidate 2, so you don’t need to download or reinstall if you have that version already.
- Install LibreOffice using PPA in Ubuntu and LinuxMint :
If you want to install in ubuntu/LinuxMint via ppa, open terminal and copy the following command to your terminal :
First remove openoffice
sudo apt-get purge openoffice
Then run these commands to add the repository and to install Libreoffice:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice language-support-en
- If you are using Gnome desktop use after adding the ppa above use this command to install Openoffice:
sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-gnome language-support-en
-For Kde use this :
sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-kde
- For installation of LibreOffice3.3.1 in other LinuxDistributions please follow the instructions in our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .