Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
LibreOffice3.3.1 is released! With installation instructions
Announced today by the Document fundation the release of LibreOffice 3.3.1, this is an update release that comes to improve the stability of the software and eliminate crashes affecting the Windows version. LibreOffice 3.3.1 also brings new colorful icons based on The Document Foundation branding guidelines, and includes updates to several language versions.
Libre Office is a free power-packed Open Source personal productivity suite for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X offering you six feature-rich applications to assist you in document production, data processing and presentation of content.
Install LibreOffice 3.3.1:
Note that this release is bit-for-bit identical to the 3.3.1 Release Candidate 2, so you don’t need to download or reinstall if you have that version already.
- Install LibreOffice using PPA in Ubuntu and LinuxMint :
If you want to install in ubuntu/LinuxMint via ppa, open terminal and copy the following command to your terminal :
First remove openoffice
sudo apt-get purge openoffice
Then run these commands to add the repository and to install Libreoffice:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice language-support-en
- If you are using Gnome desktop use after adding the ppa above use this command to install Openoffice:
sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-gnome language-support-en
-For Kde use this :
sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-kde
- For installation of LibreOffice3.3.1 in other LinuxDistributions please follow the instructions in our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .