Libreoffice 4.1.1 Released, Install It On Ubuntu And Linux Mint
Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base. These are six feature-rich applications that LibreOffice suit offers to you for your document and data processing needs. What is LibreOffice? I know this question is very easy to answer for most of the unixmen readers, but since our fans keep growing everyday I guess there are many people that have no idea about Linux and Open Source, so l feel I have to give some information about LibreOffice.
LibreOffice is an open-source, simple and powerful office suite for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS users. There are many volunteers working and helping the LibreOffice project. These volunteers have different roles, from engineering tasks to community support and creative work. Now it is time for some news.
LibreOffice 4.1.1 is released. This release of LibreOffice 4.1.1 comes with a large number of improved features and bug fixes. LibreOffice 4.1.1 supports legacy binary StarOffice files and export to legacy Word and Excel. An interesting bug fixed is fdo#67388, in which files in .deb packages weren’t owned by root:root.
New Features and Fixes
- Turning off ‘Same content on first page’ does not reflect in UI
- Can’t select other fill than color in Writer –> Drawing functions
- REPORTBUILDER – The labels displayed in some options lists do not match the functionality
- 4.1 segfaults when checking for extension updates
- FILESAVE: Saving to XLS format omits to save formula expressions of cells where the formula result is an error
- Style font is not stored for ODG and ODP files: after editing a style, closing and reponening, it is changed
- can’t save new autocorrect entries
- MAILMERGE: Pre-Defined Labels Contain No Format Info in LO 18.104.22.168
- EDITING: BUG: calc crashes on spell check
- soffice.bin segfault in libvclplug_gtklo.so killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
- the GCJ Java variant has known issues with LibreOffice, we advise to e.g. use OpenJDK instead.
- LibreOffice 4.x drops a few long-deprecated features, including support for legacy binary StarOffice files, export to legacy Word and Excel (version 6.0/95), and legacy ODMA document management.
- Some menu entries have changed or added. If you miss something, that may be due to the use of customised menu settings from your previous LibreOffice installation.
Now what about the installation of LibreOffice 4.1.1? Ok, To Install LibreOffice in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-4-1
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install libreoffice
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .