Libreoffice 4.1.1 Released, Install It On Ubuntu And Linux Mint
Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base. These are six feature-rich applications that LibreOffice suit offers to you for your document and data processing needs. What is LibreOffice? I know this question is very easy to answer for most of the unixmen readers, but since our fans keep growing everyday I guess there are many people that have no idea about Linux and Open Source, so l feel I have to give some information about LibreOffice.
LibreOffice is an open-source, simple and powerful office suite for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS users. There are many volunteers working and helping the LibreOffice project. These volunteers have different roles, from engineering tasks to community support and creative work. Now it is time for some news.
LibreOffice 4.1.1 is released. This release of LibreOffice 4.1.1 comes with a large number of improved features and bug fixes. LibreOffice 4.1.1 supports legacy binary StarOffice files and export to legacy Word and Excel. An interesting bug fixed is fdo#67388, in which files in .deb packages weren’t owned by root:root.
New Features and Fixes
- Turning off ‘Same content on first page’ does not reflect in UI
- Can’t select other fill than color in Writer –> Drawing functions
- REPORTBUILDER – The labels displayed in some options lists do not match the functionality
- 4.1 segfaults when checking for extension updates
- FILESAVE: Saving to XLS format omits to save formula expressions of cells where the formula result is an error
- Style font is not stored for ODG and ODP files: after editing a style, closing and reponening, it is changed
- can’t save new autocorrect entries
- MAILMERGE: Pre-Defined Labels Contain No Format Info in LO 22.214.171.124
- EDITING: BUG: calc crashes on spell check
- soffice.bin segfault in libvclplug_gtklo.so killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
- the GCJ Java variant has known issues with LibreOffice, we advise to e.g. use OpenJDK instead.
- LibreOffice 4.x drops a few long-deprecated features, including support for legacy binary StarOffice files, export to legacy Word and Excel (version 6.0/95), and legacy ODMA document management.
- Some menu entries have changed or added. If you miss something, that may be due to the use of customised menu settings from your previous LibreOffice installation.
Now what about the installation of LibreOffice 4.1.1? Ok, To Install LibreOffice in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-4-1
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install libreoffice
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .