LibreOffice 3.3.2 is released! With installation instructions
Announced today by the Document fundation the release of LibreOffice3.3.2, this is an update release that comes to improve the stability of the software and sets the platform for the next release 3.4, due in mid May.
According also to the announcement: “LibreOffice 3.3.2 is being released just one day after the closing of the first funding round launched by The Document Foundation to collect donations towards the 50,000 euro capital needed to establish a Stiftung in Germany.”
Libre Office is a free power-packed Open Source personal productivity suite for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X offering you six feature-rich applications to assist you in document production, data processing and presentation of content.
- Install LibreOffice using PPA in Ubuntu and LinuxMint :
If you want to install in ubuntu/LinuxMint via ppa, open terminal and copy the following command to your terminal :
First remove openoffice
sudo apt-get purge openoffice*.*
Then run these commands to add the repository and to install Libreoffice:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice language-support-en
- If you are using Gnome desktop use after adding the ppa above use this command to install Openoffice:
sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-gnome language-support-en
-For Kde use this :
sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-kde
- For installation of LibreOffice3.3.1 in other LinuxDistributions please follow the instructions in our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .