LibreOffice 3.3.2 is released! With installation instructions
Announced today by the Document fundation the release of LibreOffice3.3.2, this is an update release that comes to improve the stability of the software and sets the platform for the next release 3.4, due in mid May.
According also to the announcement: “LibreOffice 3.3.2 is being released just one day after the closing of the first funding round launched by The Document Foundation to collect donations towards the 50,000 euro capital needed to establish a Stiftung in Germany.”
Libre Office is a free power-packed Open Source personal productivity suite for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X offering you six feature-rich applications to assist you in document production, data processing and presentation of content.
- Install LibreOffice using PPA in Ubuntu and LinuxMint :
If you want to install in ubuntu/LinuxMint via ppa, open terminal and copy the following command to your terminal :
First remove openoffice
sudo apt-get purge openoffice*.*
Then run these commands to add the repository and to install Libreoffice:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice language-support-en
- If you are using Gnome desktop use after adding the ppa above use this command to install Openoffice:
sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-gnome language-support-en
-For Kde use this :
sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-kde
- For installation of LibreOffice3.3.1 in other LinuxDistributions please follow the instructions in our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .