Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
LibreOffice 3.3.2 is released! With installation instructions
Announced today by the Document fundation the release of LibreOffice3.3.2, this is an update release that comes to improve the stability of the software and sets the platform for the next release 3.4, due in mid May.
According also to the announcement: “LibreOffice 3.3.2 is being released just one day after the closing of the first funding round launched by The Document Foundation to collect donations towards the 50,000 euro capital needed to establish a Stiftung in Germany.”
Libre Office is a free power-packed Open Source personal productivity suite for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X offering you six feature-rich applications to assist you in document production, data processing and presentation of content.
- Install LibreOffice using PPA in Ubuntu and LinuxMint :
If you want to install in ubuntu/LinuxMint via ppa, open terminal and copy the following command to your terminal :
First remove openoffice
sudo apt-get purge openoffice*.*
Then run these commands to add the repository and to install Libreoffice:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice language-support-en
- If you are using Gnome desktop use after adding the ppa above use this command to install Openoffice:
sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-gnome language-support-en
-For Kde use this :
sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-kde
- For installation of LibreOffice3.3.1 in other LinuxDistributions please follow the instructions in our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .