Learn Geography With KGeography On Ubuntu
As you might already know, Geography is the study of our Planet, inhabitants, its features and various landforms. Most people have ignored Geography subject and thinks that it is not that important and will start to study it only on Exam times. To be honest, I am one of them. Mostly i prefer to study Science, Maths and Computer related subjects only. I thought these subjects only will help me to growth my career. But later, i realized that Geography also takes place important role in some cases.
If wonder how, read the top 10 reasons why you should read Geography here.
Recently my neighbour kid asked me where is Bali island located. As I am very poor in Geography, I really don’t know where it is. So I logged-in to my Laptop and googled a bit, find it and finally answered him. He laughed at me and said he already knew where it is and he got curious whether i know or not. How tragedy, isn’t it? A small boy insulted me in-front of other kids. So i decided to learn Geography (atleast a little bit, i don’t want to be a master). I searched over Google and find a simple, yet useful tool called KGeography to teach me Geography.
KGeography is the part of the KDE Education project, used to learn world geography. We can use it to explore a map, show information about regions and features, and play quiz games to test your geography knowledge.
- Browse the maps clicking in a map division to see its name, capital and flag
- It tells you a map division name and you have to click on it
- tells you a capital and you have to guess the division it belongs to
- tells you a division and you have to guess its capital
- shows you a map division flag and you have to guess its name
- tells you a map division name and you have to guess its flag
- shows an empty map and you have to place divisions on it one by one
Read more on here.
Install KGeography On Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Debian
This tool is available in the default repositories of Debian/Ubuntu and its derivatives. So just install it using command:
sudo apt-get install kgeography
Launch it either from Dash or Menu.
After selecting my country, it displayed the whole map of the country on the right side.
The interface has two parts. The left pane has the option to explore the map of the selected country/state and the right pane shows the respective map. Now you test your self about your Geography knowledge using the quiz games given in the left pane.
Let me check mine first.
I selected the quiz “Location of States and Territories”. First it asked me to select the number of questions. I don’t want to ditch my head more deeply in Geography. So i simply select 5 questions.
Suppose if you want to learn about a different country or state, what you will do? It’s very simple. Click Open Map on the Menu bar or go to File -> Open Map or Just press the CTRL+ O and select the desire Country/state.
References: KGeography Wiki
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .