Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Configure IPWF firewall in FreeBSD
The IPFIREWALL (IPFW) is a FreeBSD sponsored firewall software application authored and maintained by FreeBSD volunteer staff members. It uses the legacy stateless rules and a legacy rule coding technique to achieve what is referred to as Simple Stateful logic.
The IPFW sample ruleset (found in /etc/rc.firewall and /etc/rc.firewall6) in the standard FreeBSD install is rather simple and it is not expected to be used directly without modifications. The example does not use stateful filtering, which is beneficial in most setups, so it will not be used as base for this section.
1- To stop or start the firewall,type the command:
# /etc/rc.d/ipfw stop/start
2- To enable the firewall with the systemboot add this to /etc/rc.conf
In this file you can make the rulles to open or close ports like ftp ssh http or others
IPF="ipfw -q add"
ipfw -q -f flush
$IPF 10 allow all from any to any via lo0
$IPF 20 deny all from any to 127.0.0.0/8
$IPF 30 deny all from 127.0.0.0/8 to any
$IPF 40 deny tcp from any to any frag
# open port ftp (20,21), ssh (22), mail (25) http (80), etc....
$IPF 150 allow tcp from any to any 21 in
$IPF 151 allow tcp from any to any 21 out
$IPF 160 allow tcp from any to any 22 in
$IPF 161 allow tcp from any to any 22 out
$IPF 170 allow tcp from any to any 25 in
$IPF 171 allow tcp from any to any 25 out
$IPF 180 allow tcp from any to any 80 in
$IPF 181 allow tcp from any to any 80 out
For any new changes you can start the new rules with
For more option please the help command
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...5 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .