How To Install VLC Media Player in Fedora 19
The VLC media player is not in the standard Repository of Fedora 18 or 19. you have to add rpmfusion repository manually to make this possible
yum localinstall --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit rpmfusion-free-release-19.noarch.rpm | 16 kB 00:00 Examining /var/tmp/yum-root-SMm17t/rpmfusion-free-release-19.noarch.rpm: rpmfusion-free-release-19-1.noarch Marking /var/tmp/yum-root-SMm17t/rpmfusion-free-release-19.noarch.rpm to be installed rpmfusion-nonfree-release-19.noarch.rpm | 16 kB 00:00 Examining /var/tmp/yum-root-SMm17t/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-19.noarch.rpm: rpmfusion-nonfree-release-19-1.noarch Marking /var/tmp/yum-root-SMm17t/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-19.noarch.rpm to be installed Resolving Dependencies --> Running transaction check ---> Package rpmfusion-free-release.noarch 0:19-1 will be installed ---> Package rpmfusion-nonfree-release.noarch 0:19-1 will be installed --> Finished Dependency Resolution Dependencies Resolved ================================================================================ Package Arch Version Repository Size ================================================================================ Installing: rpmfusion-free-release noarch 19-1 /rpmfusion-free-release-19.noarch 9.7 k rpmfusion-nonfree-release noarch 19-1 /rpmfusion-nonfree-release-19.noarch 9.9 k Transaction Summary ================================================================================ Install 2 Packages Total size: 20 k Installed size: 20 k Is this ok [y/d/N]: y Downloading packages: Running transaction check Running transaction test Transaction test succeeded Running transaction Installing : rpmfusion-free-release-19-1.noarch 1/2 Installing : rpmfusion-nonfree-release-19-1.noarch 2/2 Verifying : rpmfusion-nonfree-release-19-1.noarch 1/2 Verifying : rpmfusion-free-release-19-1.noarch 2/2 Installed: rpmfusion-free-release.noarch 0:19-1 rpmfusion-nonfree-release.noarch 0:19-1 Complete!
Now install with:
yum update yum install vlc
After installing vlc, you will able to play media files.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .