Install Spotify Client In Ubuntu, Linux Mint
Spotify is a commercial music streaming service which is currently available in Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone, S60 (Symbian), webOS, Samsung Smart TV, Squeezebox, Boxee, Sonos, WD TV, Roku, MeeGo, Telia Digital-tv, and TiVo. Spotify offers you a great way to listen and find your favorite music. It is written in C++ (With some third-party libraries) and is available in over 50 languages.
First spotify users get a free membership for about six months that allows them to listen to an unlimited amount of music supported by visual and radio-style advertising. Then, after this six-month free trial period Spotify has a listening limit of 10 hours per month, divided into 2.5 hour weekly portions (unused hours carry over).
The Spotify application was developed in 2006, in Stockholm, Sweden and was launched for public access on 7 October 2008.
Installation In Linux:
$ sudo apt-add-repository -y "deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free"
$ sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 94558F59
Update the source lists:
$ sudo apt-get update -qq
Now it is time to install the spotify client.
$ sudo apt-get install spotify-client
After typing y the download of the spotify client will start and it will be installed. When the installation is finished you can launch the spotify app and login with your facebook account or spotify account.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .